Noemi Carrera
Noemi Carrera  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:44
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
Jul 31, 2002

Hi all,

I was workig with a quite large ttx file (2,5 MB approx.) and when trying to save it, TagEditor got blocked. When I opened TagEditor again and try to open the ttx file I got the following message:

40005 \"The main XML document cannot be empty\"

Surprisingly, the size of the \"huge file\" was 0 bytes.

What\'s gone wrong? How can I sort it out? It has already happened to me twice.Thank you very much in adva
... See more
Hi all,

I was workig with a quite large ttx file (2,5 MB approx.) and when trying to save it, TagEditor got blocked. When I opened TagEditor again and try to open the ttx file I got the following message:

40005 \"The main XML document cannot be empty\"

Surprisingly, the size of the \"huge file\" was 0 bytes.

What\'s gone wrong? How can I sort it out? It has already happened to me twice.Thank you very much in advance.

Best wishes,

Noemí
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:44
English to German
+ ...
Contact Trados support Jul 31, 2002

Someone reported a similar issue on www.translationzone.com, but there was no response to the thread so far.

I would therefore suggest to contact Trados support (check the Trados web site for contact details).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent! TagEditor error message...

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »