Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:38
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Dec 2, 2002

When I try to use T-Window for Power Point on a Translation I have, I start by doing an \"Open-Get\" and it gives me the error \"Unable to continue. This presentation contains unavailable fonts.\" Does anybody have any idea of how I can get past this error message without extracting the text, translating it, then putting it into Power Point by hand? I looked at my Windows Fonts directory and indeed I do not have all of the fonts that Power Point says it is using however I can\'t find where in th... See more
When I try to use T-Window for Power Point on a Translation I have, I start by doing an \"Open-Get\" and it gives me the error \"Unable to continue. This presentation contains unavailable fonts.\" Does anybody have any idea of how I can get past this error message without extracting the text, translating it, then putting it into Power Point by hand? I looked at my Windows Fonts directory and indeed I do not have all of the fonts that Power Point says it is using however I can\'t find where in the slides the fonts that I am missing are. I have clicked on every text box and every one is using a font that I have. Any ideas of how to make this error message disappear either through fixing Power Point so it doesn\'t think that I am using these fonts which I don\'t have, or through Trados so that it gets over this problem and actually lets me translate.

Thanks,

Monika

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-02 09:54 ]
Collapse

Joanne Parker
Joanne Parker  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:38
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Dead easy Dec 2, 2002

Hello Monika,

Don\'t worry, it\'s dead easy. Here\'s the link that you need to see...

http://support.trados.com/view.asp?cntID=478

This will sort it out.

Have a good day,

Joanne

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:38
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
replace the fonts Dec 2, 2002

Monika

At the tool bar you\'ll find a drop-down menu with the available fonts in your system. Those fonts marked with a ? are not available in your system. Replace them with some fonts not previously used on your document (e.g. Times will be replaced by Verdana) and proceed with the font changes. When you deliver the project inform your client about the substitution, indicating exactly all the font names substituted.

Also, you can ask your client to del
... See more
Monika

At the tool bar you\'ll find a drop-down menu with the available fonts in your system. Those fonts marked with a ? are not available in your system. Replace them with some fonts not previously used on your document (e.g. Times will be replaced by Verdana) and proceed with the font changes. When you deliver the project inform your client about the substitution, indicating exactly all the font names substituted.

Also, you can ask your client to deliver the missing fonts.

Regards,

Clarisa Moraña
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:38
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you ... Dec 2, 2002

very much for helping me Joanne and Clarisa.

I finally past this problem. Hopefully this translation will be more fun than the font problem

Thanks again and have a great day.

Monika

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados for Power Point gives error about unavailable fonts

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »