Reviewing my own file in Transit NXT - How to?
Thread poster: Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa
Heloísa Helena Benetton Costa  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:46
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 13, 2015

Hello everyone,

I'm working with Transit NXT for only a couple of weeks. I just completed a translation and now I want to review it. How should I proceed? Should I log as Reviewer? I noticed that, if I do it, I have another view type. But how can I be sure that every segment that I review will be updated, and also, if I review a duplicated segment, that its repetion will be updated too?

Thank you very much!

Heloísa

oerjan
oerjan
Local time: 17:46
German to Swedish
do not change profile Oct 14, 2015

If you are reviewing your own work, I would not care to log in with a different profile (role). I would save the current view with a telling name and then create and save a 'review view' that fits your needs for that kind of work. Then you can shift between the views without needing to use the 'role model' (:-) which I find a bit clumsy.

Sadly there is to my knowledge no propagation function that overwrites edited segments. If there are many repetitive segments, I would use the filt
... See more
If you are reviewing your own work, I would not care to log in with a different profile (role). I would save the current view with a telling name and then create and save a 'review view' that fits your needs for that kind of work. Then you can shift between the views without needing to use the 'role model' (:-) which I find a bit clumsy.

Sadly there is to my knowledge no propagation function that overwrites edited segments. If there are many repetitive segments, I would use the filter, which works well in Transit, to review them in one go.

FWIW,
Örjan
Collapse

Karen_E
Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:46
Use the Review mode Oct 15, 2015

Firstly, I would recommend using the "Super User" role for your work in general. This means that all functions are available, and you don't have to switch between different views.

I always use the functions on the Review ribbon. Firstly, you have the Internal Repetition review mode - this will handle all of the duplicated segments that you're talking about. If you make a change, just press "Change and confirm", and all segments will be changed the same way. If you don't make a chang
... See more
Firstly, I would recommend using the "Super User" role for your work in general. This means that all functions are available, and you don't have to switch between different views.

I always use the functions on the Review ribbon. Firstly, you have the Internal Repetition review mode - this will handle all of the duplicated segments that you're talking about. If you make a change, just press "Change and confirm", and all segments will be changed the same way. If you don't make a change to it, just press "Confirm" and they'll all be given the segment status that you selected when you switched the mode on.

When you've finished with the repetitions, switch that off, and switch on the normal Review mode (which is just beside it). Using the same key combination as for translation (Alt+Insert), you can mark off each segment as you're happy with it. This helps too because you can see how much you have left to check when you look in the statistics.
Whether you use the "Log as revision" option is up to you. It's just like track changes. I don't use it unless I'm reviewing someone else's work and they need feedback on what I specifically changed.

Lastly, I should say that the files you're working on now ARE the reference material - there is no danger in Transit of having a TM which contains an unreviewed and a reviewed version. Once you amend it, that's it. Job done. (And this is true even if you don't use the Review mode - if you just go back and change a segment, it will still just save your latest version, and not any previous versions).

Happy translating!
Collapse

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but Karen, need some more help! Oct 15, 2015

Thank you Orjan and Karen, you really helped me a lot with your info!

Karen, do you know why my ON/OFF button for the Internal Repetions is grayed out? I'm logged as Super User.

Thank you for all your info, I'm really getting annoyed with Transit, it took me more time than usual to learn this CAT tool.

Heloisa

Karen_E
Karen_E
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:46
Do you have all files open? Oct 16, 2015

The internal repetition mode works when all the files in a project are open. If you've opened one at a time, it will be greyed out. Just open all language pairs at once, and it should work.

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Karen! Oct 16, 2015

It worked... though I don't know how!

I went to Project - Administration - Open Language Pair and clicked over the 2 files I had. And it worked, although it only opened the first file. Transit works in a strange, very strange way! LOL.

But I thought it would group the repeated sentences. But not, right?

Anyway, thank you very much for all your help!

Heloisa

Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh, it is not necessary Oct 16, 2015

I remember now the Confirm or Change and Confirm options!

Thanks again, Karen!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reviewing my own file in Transit NXT - How to?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »