Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:41
Chinese to German
+ ...
Dec 14, 2015

Hi

I have a client who sends me files that are obviously exported from Visio 2.5.0 as RTF file. Unfortunately, these files contain XML tags referring to object IDs that are not to be translated. I have tried to add the style of these XML tags as not to be translated in the MS Office file type options. However, this does not work.

Does anyone have experience in translating Visio files in Transit? I have no idea how realistic it is to ask the customer to send a different
... See more
Hi

I have a client who sends me files that are obviously exported from Visio 2.5.0 as RTF file. Unfortunately, these files contain XML tags referring to object IDs that are not to be translated. I have tried to add the style of these XML tags as not to be translated in the MS Office file type options. However, this does not work.

Does anyone have experience in translating Visio files in Transit? I have no idea how realistic it is to ask the customer to send a different file format (as these are only a small part of bigger projects). But if yes, which one would it have to be?

Or is there any way to exclude the XML tags with the standard structure when translating with any kind of office filter?

I own a fully updated Transit NXT Freelance Pro version.

TIA
Iris
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
visio Aug 5, 2016

You can either import Visio XML (vdx) till 2003, I guess, or Visio 2010 and above. There are two separate filter for both types. There is no filter for RTF from Visio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing Visio RTF files in Transit NXT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »