Transit Satellite PE 3.0 not working with Windows 10
Thread poster: kittilina
kittilina
kittilina  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:25
Spanish to English
Apr 4, 2016

I know this software is old now but I have a regular client who uses it. I upgraded to Windows 10 (which I am not happy with) and now Transit opens but the client glossary and the fuzzy index do not load. It simply stops responding.... I would be grateful for any help as this is going to cause me a serious loss of earnings if I cannot solve it.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 13:25
Transit NXT Freelance – 3 months Apr 5, 2016

TransitNXT Freelance
(including TermStar)
€ 75,00

Time-limited single-user license that allows you to receive and work on Transit projects.

https://shop.star-group.net/product_info.php/products_id/6?XTCsid=mvfei4j07cft0tlesjdkobeap7

[Edited at 2016-04-05 06:16 GMT]

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 06:25
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Some workarounds Apr 6, 2016

I imagine you already tried to run Transit Satellite PE using the W10 emulation modes; maybe you want to try any of the tricks described here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/

10 years ago Samuel Murray made available a Word macro for interactively opening and translating PE files using the t
... See more
I imagine you already tried to run Transit Satellite PE using the W10 emulation modes; maybe you want to try any of the tricks described here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/

10 years ago Samuel Murray made available a Word macro for interactively opening and translating PE files using the then current version of WordFast (yes, plainly WordFast, as at that time WF Professional was not born yet). I never tried myself, but it seems still workable depending on your version of Office. If you want to try it just send me a PM.

Saludos
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
no wonder Aug 5, 2016

Even Transit XV is not officially supported. Satellite is even older, forget it!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit Satellite PE 3.0 not working with Windows 10

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »