Importing dictionary into Transit
Thread poster: ogiobuir
ogiobuir
ogiobuir
Ireland
Aug 11, 2016

Hi all,

I just recently started using Transit NXT, but so far have been unable to import a dictionary (Irish/English) into the software, or use the spellcheck option. I already have a Irish/English dictionary in .dic form which has worked fine for me when used as default on Word 2013, but it doesn't seem to work with Transit. I have tried to select the 'MS Word' option, and to include this dictionary in the 'Spell' folder within 'TransitNXT', but neither seem to work.

T
... See more
Hi all,

I just recently started using Transit NXT, but so far have been unable to import a dictionary (Irish/English) into the software, or use the spellcheck option. I already have a Irish/English dictionary in .dic form which has worked fine for me when used as default on Word 2013, but it doesn't seem to work with Transit. I have tried to select the 'MS Word' option, and to include this dictionary in the 'Spell' folder within 'TransitNXT', but neither seem to work.

The message that continues to appear on the screen whenever I click on spellcheck is
'The spellcheck for Gaelic (Ireland) is not selected/installed'.

Anybody have information on how to select or install this dictionary?

Thanks
Collapse

AlSqur (X)
AlSqur (X)
dia dhuit! Aug 11, 2016

you need to have a couple of files, not only dic. In order to use the Irish spellcheck from the Office, you need to have it installed in office. I need to check it myself (I have Irish spellcheck in my Office, but I haven't used it yet.).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing dictionary into Transit

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »