Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:28
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Oct 14, 2016

I have just re-installed Transit NXT SP9 (without changing any of the settings) and noticed that the icon resolution has become very low. The edges of the icons are really jagged, and that looks rather ugly.
Untitled

Transit still works fine, this is just an annoyance, but I would very much like to fix it.

Does anybody know why this was caused or how to resolve it?

Thanks!

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Hi-res icons now Oct 14, 2016

They have hi-res icons now. Did you already reboot Windows?

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Rebooting didn't help Oct 14, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

They have hi-res icons now. Did you already reboot Windows?

Yes I did, but still low res.

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:28
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yep, same here Oct 14, 2016

As already said, Transit works fine, but icons are really of a low-res compared to the perfect appearance in SP8 (and before). I have also re-booted several times since installing SP9, to no use. Also, some of my settings have been modified, nothing really important and that I can't re-set, but there has to be something new to adjust (I presume, no time so far to check all tabs and setting anew). An annoyance, not more than that.

Giuliana

[Edited at 2016-10-14 15:23 GMT]

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Chinese to German
+ ...
Update helped here, too Oct 14, 2016

Hi,

I had the same problem for about half a year, it was really annoying. After installing the Windows 10 anniversary update, the problem was gone, and the icons were hi-res again.

I even contacted STAR. But they said they knew the problem but there was no simple explanation and asked for further computer details and a screen shot. Which I did not send because by then, the problem had solved itself.

It might be best to try and contact STAR.

Iri
... See more
Hi,

I had the same problem for about half a year, it was really annoying. After installing the Windows 10 anniversary update, the problem was gone, and the icons were hi-res again.

I even contacted STAR. But they said they knew the problem but there was no simple explanation and asked for further computer details and a screen shot. Which I did not send because by then, the problem had solved itself.

It might be best to try and contact STAR.

Iris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Low icon resolution after updating Transit NXT

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »