Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Welcome to the Translation feedback area! Please read this before getting started.
Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:30
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
The translations submitted can be seen in this forum Feb 13, 2013

The translations submitted can be seen in this forum, here: http://www.proz.com/forum/1049

Members submitting translations for feedback may choose whether to include their names or not.

Jared

Vivien Green
Vivien Green  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
Use of this section for proofreading communications with clients who speak the source language? Mar 15, 2013

I proposed setting up a "collaborative proofreading group" to allow native speakers to help non-native speakers by checking over their short emails/bids and to receive the same in return. It would primarily be for communications with clients who speak the translator's source language.

A member replied to my original post alerting me to the existence of this part of the Proz.com site though, and I am now wondering if all of this could be done here? Would this be permitted or is n
... See more
I proposed setting up a "collaborative proofreading group" to allow native speakers to help non-native speakers by checking over their short emails/bids and to receive the same in return. It would primarily be for communications with clients who speak the translator's source language.

A member replied to my original post alerting me to the existence of this part of the Proz.com site though, and I am now wondering if all of this could be done here? Would this be permitted or is not really for that kind of text?
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 15:30
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
It would probably be better to use a private work area or forum for that Mar 15, 2013

Hello Vivien,

If I understand what you are aiming at correctly, you will probably want to use a private forum for your purpose. Posts made here and in the other public forums will be public to all, and depending on the content of the communications you are talking about, you may not want that.

Setting up a private forum for a group is easy, just contact the support team through the online support system and they will help you with it. If you are the forum's "owner" you
... See more
Hello Vivien,

If I understand what you are aiming at correctly, you will probably want to use a private forum for your purpose. Posts made here and in the other public forums will be public to all, and depending on the content of the communications you are talking about, you may not want that.

Setting up a private forum for a group is easy, just contact the support team through the online support system and they will help you with it. If you are the forum's "owner" you will be able to add new team members as they join the group. See http://www.proz.com/faq/3103#3103
Collapse

ac2000
ac2000  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:30
English to German
+ ...
proofreading communications May 29, 2013

Vivien Green wrote:

A member replied to my original post alerting me to the existence of this part of the Proz.com site though, and I am now wondering if all of this could be done here? Would this be permitted or is not really for that kind of text?

I think this is an excellent idea. Did you set up such a "collaborative proofreading group" in a private forum, as one member suggested?

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 19:30
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Excellent idea Jul 8, 2013

I never knew such a thing existed and welcome the initiative. Like this, I, as a newcomer to the field,and with no feedback, welcome the idea very much. Those who are profs, should not be bothered; after all, everyone starts from somewhere

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Welcome to the Translation feedback area! Please read this before getting started.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »