IMMI requirements for a NAATI declaration
Thread poster: ashwednesday
Feb 20, 2020

Hi Proz community,

I've recently had two clients come to me saying that the Department of Home Affairs requires the following information listed on a translation:

Translators must include their:

full name
address and telephone number
qualifications and experience in the language they are translating

These details must be i... See more
Hi Proz community,

I've recently had two clients come to me saying that the Department of Home Affairs requires the following information listed on a translation:

Translators must include their:

full name
address and telephone number
qualifications and experience in the language they are translating

These details must be in English.

Here's the link: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident#HowTo

Prepare your documents > Online applications > Translate

Can anyone advise if they've encountered this before? Seems a bit excessive to be including all this information in addition to the declaration.
Collapse

Anna Herbst
Anna Herbst  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 01:08
English to Swedish
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
DFAT and Home Affairs set their own rules Feb 20, 2020

Hi,

You have to adhere to the rules set by the Government Department in question whether you like them or not. If your client hands in a translation that does not fulfil all the administrative requirements it will not be accepted, and the client will be out of pocket. Not a good look for you as a translator, so make sure you get it right.

Cheers,
Anna

Anna Jenman
Koume

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Letterhead Feb 20, 2020

My standard business letterhead, which is at the top of all of my certified translations, contains this information.

The other info: full name, qualifications etc. are contained in the NAATI stamp.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 8.34.02 am

Etech
Etech
Australia
NAATI Registration Aug 16, 2020

Hi There,

As a translation company must I be registered with NAATI. I am new here and would love to know the requirements and the list of companies like NAATI I should be registered/have a membership with in order to carry out business in Australia as a certified translation company.

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

IMMI requirements for a NAATI declaration

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »