Compliance with Google and SEO requirements?
Thread poster: Beatrice Faedo
Beatrice Faedo
Beatrice Faedo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 15, 2015

Hello everybody,

I hope you can help me.

I am new in freelancing (I used to translate for an agency) and I have been requested to translate a website confirming that it will comply with the latest google requirement or SEO.

What do I need to do that? Has it got something to do with the Google AdWords tool that let you find the most used words so you can use them in order that your site is easyly finded?

Sorry to bother you, but I need advice.... See more
Hello everybody,

I hope you can help me.

I am new in freelancing (I used to translate for an agency) and I have been requested to translate a website confirming that it will comply with the latest google requirement or SEO.

What do I need to do that? Has it got something to do with the Google AdWords tool that let you find the most used words so you can use them in order that your site is easyly finded?

Sorry to bother you, but I need advice.

Thanks in advance

Beatrice
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 05:56
Danish to English
+ ...
Google SEO guidelines Jan 15, 2015

You can find Google's SEO Starter Guide here:

http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Nothing do to with Adwords.

Google cannot and do not write "requirements" to webmasters either.

W
... See more
You can find Google's SEO Starter Guide here:

http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Nothing do to with Adwords.

Google cannot and do not write "requirements" to webmasters either.

What it is all about is that by complying with these guidelines, the site is much less likely to trigger anti-spam action by Google, which could penalise the site in terms of search rank.

However, I fail to see much relevance of this when translating, because it is the copywriter of the initial version that should pay attention to this. If the initial version contains what Google consider spam (for example: keyword stuffing or invisible text) and they ask you to translate that, what are you supposed to do about it?

Google's indexing has evolved so much over the last ten years or so that the need to focus on keywords and synonyms has been drastically reduced. Google's search engine now automatically searches for synonyms. What Google today encourage webmasters to do is to write naturally for the reader, not for the search engine.
Collapse

Beatrice Faedo
Beatrice Faedo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Copywriting, exactly! Jan 15, 2015

Thank you Thomas,

I will read the Google SEO guidelines with eager attention. You never learn enough, don't you?
I will clarify with the Customer that I am not a copywriter and I am not able to provide that service.
I wonder why they ask as they already had their website translated in Russian and English... (they are Greek).
Thank you again for your kind support!
Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compliance with Google and SEO requirements?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »