Analysis of translation
Thread poster: Lere
Lere
Lere
Italy
Jan 26, 2015

Good morning, I am sorry to bother you with such question but, since I am currently writing my thesis, I need a little help in order to continue to work on it.
The main purpose of my thesis is to analyse an Italian translation of an English work and, in order to start with my analysis, I have to complete the theoretical section of the thesis. To complete this section I need to write a paragraph whose main purpose is to give a definition of "analysis of translation". I read several document
... See more
Good morning, I am sorry to bother you with such question but, since I am currently writing my thesis, I need a little help in order to continue to work on it.
The main purpose of my thesis is to analyse an Italian translation of an English work and, in order to start with my analysis, I have to complete the theoretical section of the thesis. To complete this section I need to write a paragraph whose main purpose is to give a definition of "analysis of translation". I read several documents I found on the net about it and I also read the book 'manuale del traduttore' by Osimo which has a chapter about it, however, I am struggling to find a proper and concise definition, could you be so kind to help me with this matter?
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Analysis of translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »