Amazon freelance translator
Thread poster: d8701a
Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:54
English to French
@ Jean (OT) May 27, 2020

Although a gradual process, essentially yes. Some love butter, others cake, and there's you.
Pita and I became friends in a country next to Greece that can't be named. No pain in the neck there, my pita-eating threshold is only increasing over the years!

Philippe

Jean Dimitriadis

Dagmar Roscher
Dagmar Roscher  Identity Verified
South Africa
Local time: 13:54
Member (2021)
English to German
Freelance Translations Oct 11, 2020

Hi.

So has anyone found out the correct eail address to apply as a Freelance Translator?

I have seen the Translation team site but am not looking for any office / on-site job.

How would I be able to apply for Freelance Transaltions?

Thanks. Kind regards

Elena Feriani
Elena Feriani
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Hi Dagmar Oct 12, 2020

Dagmar Roscher wrote:

Hi.

So has anyone found out the correct eail address to apply as a Freelance Translator?

I have seen the Translation team site but am not looking for any office / on-site job.

How would I be able to apply for Freelance Transaltions?

Thanks. Kind regards

I can't remember what the website/email was.
I have signed all paperwork for them but never received any work, I contacted them after 2 years for a "follow-up" and they replied they had no work in EN-IT. For a while I worked for them through an agency, but then they opened a "Lab" in Brussels and started hiring students looking for internships and in-house translators and they stopped sending work to the agency I was working with.

[Edited at 2020-10-12 07:57 GMT]

Yoon Kyung Joo
Yoon Kyung Joo  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 22:54
English to Korean
+ ...
They're legit! Apr 14, 2022

Hi,

I bumped into this thread and wanted to clear some doubts I've seen.

I'm a Korean translator and this is my second year working with the Amazon Luxembourg branch - supposedly the translation branch of the company. So far, all I can say is I'm pretty happy.

When they have big-volume projects, they last about 3 to 4 months, and I can claim up to 20,000 words a week to either human translate or post-edit machine translation.

They also offer w
... See more
Hi,

I'm a Korean translator and this is my second year working with the Amazon Luxembourg branch - supposedly the translation branch of the company. So far, all I can say is I'm pretty happy.

When they have big-volume projects, they last about 3 to 4 months, and I can claim up to 20,000 words a week to either human translate or post-edit machine translation.

They also offer work daily but these are way smaller files. Like little. However, I think it's good for your momentum as a freelancer to know that you have at least something to do every day. We all know how the dry spell can be pretty disturbing.

The tool they use is Memsource, and obviously, they provide the license and all that. In terms of payment, they pay in euros and the term is 60 days, always pay on time, never had an issue.

The email they use to contact the freelancers is [email protected], so if you ever get a chance to work with them, I say try it out. The overall experience for me has been really positive.

[Edited at 2022-04-14 04:06 GMT]
Collapse

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
Nick Brisland, BA (Hons)
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:54
Member (2013)
German to English
... Jun 17, 2022

Yoon Kyung Joo wrote:

Hi,

They also offer work daily but these are way smaller files. Like little. However, I think it's good for your momentum as a freelancer to know that you have at least something to do every day. We all know how the dry spell can be pretty disturbing.

The tool they use is Memsource, and obviously, they provide the license and all that. In terms of payment, they pay in euros and the term is 60 days, always pay on time, never had an issue.

The email they use to contact the freelancers is [email protected], so if you ever get a chance to work with them, I say try it out. The overall experience for me has been really positive.

[Edited at 2022-04-14 04:06 GMT]

I've had similar experiences with them. Good payers, relatively regular projects, decent amount of work...until about two years ago when they stopped sending me work and I haven't heard from them since. All my feedback from them was very good, too.

I might send them an e-mail to see if it will come back again.

TTilch
TTilch  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
You'll need to register as a company Jun 20, 2022

You wrote:
"I am not VAT registered, I am not registered neither as a company nor a freelancer. I have another job and I thought this would be a chance to earn some money extra. That was before I saw the billing procedure. So my question would be - is it even possible for me to sign such contract or I need to be registered somewhere?
If I'm a non-registered individual, how will I issue them an invoice? And I don't have any intentions of avoiding the tax, I just don't know who pays it
... See more
You wrote:
"I am not VAT registered, I am not registered neither as a company nor a freelancer. I have another job and I thought this would be a chance to earn some money extra. That was before I saw the billing procedure. So my question would be - is it even possible for me to sign such contract or I need to be registered somewhere?
If I'm a non-registered individual, how will I issue them an invoice? And I don't have any intentions of avoiding the tax, I just don't know who pays it"

You will have to open a regular business before you can take on such work.

Best,
Tanja

[Bearbeitet am 2022-06-20 07:04 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2022-06-20 07:04 GMT]
Collapse

Sónia Lopes
Sónia Lopes
Portugal
Local time: 11:54
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Amazon Ghosting May 4, 2023

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons) wrote:

I've had similar experiences with them. Good payers, relatively regular projects, decent amount of work...until about two years ago when they stopped sending me work and I haven't heard from them since. All my feedback from them was very good, too.

Same happened to me this year. I've been working regularly with them since 2020 and all of a sudden, from January 2023 onwards, not a single task appearing on the portal.

The strings projects PM team has sent emails with general info since, so I'm assuming I'm still part of the linguists team, but apart from that nothing.

Weird. I think Amazon ghosted me.

Tony Keily
Tony Keily
Italian to English
+ ...
A well kept secret May 10, 2023

If you Google the email address in question you only get a handful of hits (8/9 including this thread).

The only posting in Europe (over four years old) was on Facebook, where a freelancer asked those interested to request application forms from the following link: https://tara.vitapowered.com/.../Freelance_Application_Form

This link is to a 'talent
... See more
If you Google the email address in question you only get a handful of hits (8/9 including this thread).

The only posting in Europe (over four years old) was on Facebook, where a freelancer asked those interested to request application forms from the following link: https://tara.vitapowered.com/.../Freelance_Application_Form

This link is to a 'talent management' company (providing assessments for hiring and development): Talogy Inc, formerly PSI True Talent.

Company information on Talogy can be found here https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/2379567.

[Edited at 2023-05-10 07:44 GMT]
Collapse

DarwinE
DarwinE  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:54
Spanish to English
+ ...
Huge dip in demand for Spanish PEMT Jun 4, 2023

Sónia Lopes wrote:

Nick Brisland, BA (Hons) wrote:

Same happened to me this year. I've been working regularly with them since 2020 and all of a sudden, from January 2023 onwards, not a single task appearing on the portal.

The strings projects PM team has sent emails with general info since, so I'm assuming I'm still part of the linguists team, but apart from that nothing.

Weird. I think Amazon ghosted me.

I've been contracted as a English-Spanish(LATAM) translator with them since 2017. The jobs haven't necessarily been consistent. Sometimes many months would go by without any tasks, but whenever they got huge batches of content, there was plenty of jobs to pick up and make it worthwhile.

But since February 2022, I haven't had any major PEMT jobs with them.

In December 2022 they rolled out their Strings projects, and those seem to be the only type of jobs available to pick up lately. But most are just a handful of words long and never worth more than €1.00 per task, and usually a lot less. Looking at my job history since the Strings project started, the most expensive one I've accepted was €16.87, but the majority of the jobs barely hover around €0.60 per task. I suppose if you take on as many as you can take, it all adds up. It lets you accept up to 40 tasks and 20,000 words at a time, but it was much more fulfilling to take on 10,000 words split between 4 or 5 jobs and know you'd have a guaranteed ~€400.00 getting deposited in the next 60 days.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Amazon freelance translator

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »