Siegfried Armbruster
Siegfried Armbruster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:53
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Mar 14, 2014

For Free TMs (TMX and TXT format), Glossaries in TBX and Excel format) and AutoSuggest Ditionaries, check out the Resource section at http://alexandria-translation-resources.com/.

There are now various resources available in up to 100 language pairs and we are adding more every day.

Velizar Vladovski (X)

Noe Tessmann
Noe Tessmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
TMs bescheiden Mar 14, 2014

Danke Siegfried,

das TM der Schweizer Nationalbank hat ganze 230 Einträge. Die Warnmeldungen sind zwar auch nicht umfangreicher, aber da gibt es auch wirklich nicht mehr.

Schönes Wochenende

Noe

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Vielen Dank schon Mal Mar 14, 2014

Vielen Dank schon mal für die freundliche Rückmeldung, es war uns leider noch nicht möglich, alle Internet-Inhalte als TM aufzubereiten. Wir haben einfach klein angefangen. Mehr ist in der Pipeline, aber das braucht alles seine Zeit.

Jeder ist aber herzlich eingeladen, auch einen Beitrag zu liefern.

María González, M.A. English
María González, M.A. English  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:53
Member (Jan 2024)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Danke! Mar 14, 2014

That's pretty much all the German I know

Seriously now, I've just surfed and bookmarked the AP page and signed up for the newsletter. Congratulations on this great project!

And again, thank you!

Best,

María G.
http://mg10linguistics.jimdo.com

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Thank you María Mar 14, 2014

Thanks for your nice words. Yes, we hope it will become a useful resource. we are actually working our socks off to produce new content for it. And our pipeline is already full. The next batch of resources will be published on Monday, so it might make sense to check from time to time.

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
DGT TM – AutoSuggest Dictionaries - now 33 language pairs available Apr 23, 2014

Since 2004 the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Translation has made its multilingual Translation Memory for the Acquis Communautaire (DGT TM) publicly accessible in order to foster the European Commission’s general effort to support multilingualism, language diversity and the re-use of Commission information. We started to produce Autosuggest dictionaries for use with Trados Studio. The AutoSuggest dictionaries were created from the TMs that were created from the DGT TMs : Vol_... See more
Since 2004 the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Translation has made its multilingual Translation Memory for the Acquis Communautaire (DGT TM) publicly accessible in order to foster the European Commission’s general effort to support multilingualism, language diversity and the re-use of Commission information. We started to produce Autosuggest dictionaries for use with Trados Studio. The AutoSuggest dictionaries were created from the TMs that were created from the DGT TMs : Vol_2004_1, Vol_2004_2, Vol_2005_1, Vol_2005_2, Vol_2005_3, Vol_2006_1, Vol_2006_2, Vol_2006_3, Vol_2006_4, Vol_2006_5, Vol_2007_1, Vol_2007_2, Vol_2007_3, Vol_2008_1, Vol_2008_2, Vol_2008_3, Vol_2008_4, Vol_2009_1, Vol_2009_2, Vol_2009_3, Vol_2009_4, Vol_2010_1, Vol_2010_2, Vol_2010_3, Vol_2010_4, Vol_2011_1, Vol_2011_2, Vol_2011_3, Vol_2011_4, Vol_2012_1, Vol_2012_2, Vol_2012_3, Vol_2012_4, Vol_2012_5, Vol_2012_6

Depending on the language pair they can be up to 400 MB in size. The following (33) language pairs are currently available (more will follow):

Bulgarian > English > Bulgarian
Czech > English > Czech,
Danish > English > Danish,
French > English > French,
German > English > German,
Greek > English > Greek
Spanish > English > Spanish
Italian > English > Italian,
Latvian > English > Latvian,
Lithuanian > English > Lithuanian
Czech > German > Czech
French > German > French
Polish > German
Dutch > German > Dutch
Italian > German > Italian
Italian > French > Italian
Dutch > French > Dutch

http://alexandria-translation-resources.com/resources-for-translation-providers/autosuggest-dictionaries/dgt-tm/
Collapse

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
DGT - Autosuggest - Now 44 language pairs available May 9, 2014

BG > EN > BG
CS > EN > CS
DA > EN > DA
FR > EN > FR
DE > EN > DE
EL > EN > EL
ES > EN > ES
IT > EN > IT
LV > EN > LV
NL > EN > NL
LT > EN > LT

CS > DE > CS
FR > DE > FR
PL > DE > PL
NL > DE > NL
IT > DE > IT
EL > DE > EL

IT > FR > IT
NL > FR > NL
PL > FR > PL
EL > FR > EL

NL > IT > NL

Producing these Autosuggest dictionaries takes t
... See more
BG > EN > BG
CS > EN > CS
DA > EN > DA
FR > EN > FR
DE > EN > DE
EL > EN > EL
ES > EN > ES
IT > EN > IT
LV > EN > LV
NL > EN > NL
LT > EN > LT

CS > DE > CS
FR > DE > FR
PL > DE > PL
NL > DE > NL
IT > DE > IT
EL > DE > EL

IT > FR > IT
NL > FR > NL
PL > FR > PL
EL > FR > EL

NL > IT > NL

Producing these Autosuggest dictionaries takes time, considerable time. This is why we can add only a few language pairs per week. If you need a certain language pair that is not on the list, just let me know, we can than move it up in our production pipeline.

[Edited at 2014-05-09 15:03 GMT]
Collapse

Ifigenia Avdikou

Siegfried Armbruster
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Neue Sprachpaare verfügbar May 16, 2014

Wir haben weitere Dateien hochgeladen, damit sind jetzt 50 Spachpaare verfügbar:

PL > EN > PL
SV > EN > SV
SV > DE > SV

Velizar Vladovski (X)
Velizar Vladovski (X)  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 18:53
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Free/paid TMs in BG-EN-BG Feb 28, 2020

Hello Siegfried,

I am a 63 old Bulgarian. I am a telecom engineer and worked 35 years in the field in key posts at the edge of the technology (currently mobile telecom). However, my hobby since I was 10 has been the English language and I was lucky to work for English speaking companies in the last 26 years. Life is a funny animal and made me make my living in the latest 8 years mainly as a freelance translator.

Recently I found out that the biggest translation agencie
... See more
Hello Siegfried,

I am a 63 old Bulgarian. I am a telecom engineer and worked 35 years in the field in key posts at the edge of the technology (currently mobile telecom). However, my hobby since I was 10 has been the English language and I was lucky to work for English speaking companies in the last 26 years. Life is a funny animal and made me make my living in the latest 8 years mainly as a freelance translator.

Recently I found out that the biggest translation agencies in Bulgaria became keen on implementing machine translation - kill two rabbits with one bullet - increase the volume and cut the translators wages in half at the same time. Also recently I found out that PROZ is not only KUDOZ, so I joined it to try and find better opportunities.

Now to the point. Obviously I have to re-qualify again (I've done it almost 100% 3 times already) and start working with SDL Trados Studio. For obvious reasons ("Will you still love my when I'm 64" (pretty soon)), I will not be able to benefit from the greatest advantage of CAT translation - my own Translation Memory. I only see way out of this problem - by acquiring a ready and worthy GENERAL TM (what I do not translate is only literature) and continue building up from there.

So the question or rather 2 questions - is such acquiring feasible and if yes, how it can be done?

Regards,
Velizar Vladovski
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Opus, JRC (DGT) and using of TMX in tools Feb 29, 2020

Velizar Vladovski wrote:

Hello Siegfried,

Dear Velizar, read thoroughly the author profile (In memoriam)

Velizar Vladovski wrote:
start working with SDL Trados Studio.

I only see way out of this problem - by acquiring a ready and worthy GENERAL TM

So the question or rather 2 questions - is such acquiring feasible and if yes, how it can be done?

Velizar Vladovski

There are plenty of free TMXs.

http://opus.nlpl.eu/

You can download on each side your ready TMX from bottom table. SDL Trados Studio can import bg-en TMX into EN-BG database.

JRC-DGT

You can extract 2-language or more languages TMX from JRC.

For more infos see

https://ec.europa.eu/jrc/en/language-technologies/dgt-translation-memory

or https://www.proz.com/forum/czech/265325.html my comments in Czech.

You can build your engines for Your local machine translation (Slate Desktop for Windows or Linux) and use it the same way as any agency or me.

Milan

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
CS-BG TMX and glossary for download Mar 4, 2020

I created a presentation in Czech on using free European ressources for translation

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2020-03/02/cs/00.html

Automatizovaný překlad CS-BG

Využití TMX pro engin SMT a TBX pro glosář

01 Evropské bezplatné jazykové zdroje
02 CS-BG engin pro Slate Desktop
03 CELEX a TMX - Download ZIP (34kB ) EN-CS-
... See more
I created a presentation in Czech on using free European ressources for translation

http://www.condak.cz/nove/2020-03/02/cs/00.html

Automatizovaný překlad CS-BG

Využití TMX pro engin SMT a TBX pro glosář

01 Evropské bezplatné jazykové zdroje
02 CS-BG engin pro Slate Desktop
03 CELEX a TMX - Download ZIP (34kB ) EN-CS-BG-SK
04 TMX a Slate Desktop v OmegaT
05 IATE, TBX a XLSX
06 Glosář - Download ZIP (0,6 MB) CS-BG
07 TM, Slate Connect a glosář

Milan
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free TMs. Glossaries (TBX) and AutoSuggest Dictionaries

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »