Survey: research group (University of Málaga)
Thread poster: Fern1992
Fern1992
Fern1992
Spain
Mar 20, 2014

Within the INTELITERM project (grant no. FFI2012-38881, MEC, 2012-2015), a survey is being conducted about technology tools for interpreters.

Our main goal is to gather information to better ascertain interpreters’ technology awareness and needs in order to design new tools and improve existing ones.

We would greatly appreciate if you could fill out our online survey. It should take no longer than 5-10 minutes. All of your information and responses will
... See more
Within the INTELITERM project (grant no. FFI2012-38881, MEC, 2012-2015), a survey is being conducted about technology tools for interpreters.

Our main goal is to gather information to better ascertain interpreters’ technology awareness and needs in order to design new tools and improve existing ones.

We would greatly appreciate if you could fill out our online survey. It should take no longer than 5-10 minutes. All of your information and responses will remain anonymous.

URL: http://encuestas.sci.uma.es/51591/lang-en

We apologise if you have already received the survey from another researcher in the group via email or any other means.

This survey is being conducted within the framework of the research group LEXYTRAD, University of Malaga (www.lexytrad.es). The survey results will be used solely for non-commercial research or academic purposes.
Collapse

Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 23:39
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Please make your request clearer! Mar 22, 2014

I think you ought to emphasize the fact that your survey concerns ONLY interpreters — I wasted my time starting to fill in the information, until I relaized it was for interpreters, not translators.

It would be good if this was made clear in the title of your post, and featured more prominently within your post and on the front page of the survey.

Fern1992
Fern1992
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry! Mar 22, 2014

Tony M wrote:

I think you ought to emphasize the fact that your survey concerns ONLY interpreters — I wasted my time starting to fill in the information, until I relaized it was for interpreters, not translators.

It would be good if this was made clear in the title of your post, and featured more prominently within your post and on the front page of the survey.

I apologise for any inconveniences.

Thank you. I will try to edit the post or, failing that, create a new one.

Rachel Fell
Rachel Fell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:39
French to English
+ ...
But... Mar 23, 2014

the original posting doesn't mention translators;-)

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Indeed, but this is a site for translators AND interpreters Mar 23, 2014

Rachel Fell wrote:

the original posting doesn't mention translators;-)

No, that's perfectly true; but at the same time, 'interpreters' are only one subset of all users of this site, and as such, unless a post is sent out in a more targetted fashion, if it falls into my inbox, it is a not unnatural assumption that it is for my attention.

As it is directed exclusively at only a subset of all recipients, it seems to me only courteous to make it crystal clear to whom it is addressed by stating it explicitly at the outset.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
For example? Mar 24, 2014

Could someone provide an example of what kind of "technology tools" an interpreter might use? I used to take a small tape recorder or dictaphone with me to record interventions in case I might need notes afterwards, and usually took a laptop just in case I needed it, otherwise it was all just listening and speaking.

Perhaps the asker meant translators rather than interpreters? Whatever, I haven't done any interpreting for a while and prefer to work from home translating.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey: research group (University of Málaga)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »