Khan Stanikzai
Khan Stanikzai
Germany
Local time: 13:53
English to Pashto (Pushto)
+ ...
May 14, 2014

Dear fellows,

I am planning to have my own translation business website. Is there anyone to give me advice how can I go ahead with my plan?

Currently, I can deliver translation in three language pairs.

You can send me your advises on my email [email protected].

Regards,
Stanikzai

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:53
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
It depends... May 14, 2014

... on what you intend to include in your web site.

My site - http://www.lamensdorf.com.br - is pretty complex, and structured to be bilingual.

It was built with http://www.websitex5.com , which allows you to make it multilingual.

You may download a limited features free demo version to
... See more
... on what you intend to include in your web site.

My site - http://www.lamensdorf.com.br - is pretty complex, and structured to be bilingual.

It was built with http://www.websitex5.com , which allows you to make it multilingual.

You may download a limited features free demo version to tinker with it. Then, if you go for it and buy, read the manual on how to make a multilingual site (I didn't do it their way), discard everything you did with the demo, and start over, to use as many features as you wish.

No HTML knowledge required; I still don't know squat about it.
Collapse

Khan Stanikzai
Khan Stanikzai
Germany
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
keep online May 14, 2014

Well, thanks. it looks useful. Will they keep my website online or should I pay an amount to any local web company to keep my website online on internet?

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:53
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
It will merely BUILD your web site May 14, 2014

Khan Stanikzai wrote:

Well, thanks. it looks useful. Will they keep my website online or should I pay an amount to any local web company to keep my website online on internet?

It will merely build your web site, load it to a host, upload your updates, etc.

You should find a reliable (= stable) host to keep it on the web. Here in Brazil I pay the yearly registration fee ~USD 15, plus ~USD 20 per month to my host. Includes some e-mail service too, and I only use a small part of all the e-space I'm entitled to.

There are some free options around, however I'm not sure whether these would populate your site with their own advertising. There is no free lunch, right?

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz
Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
Proz.com has hosting May 14, 2014

One of the benefits of Proz.com membership is that they'll host your website for no additional charge. Wordpress can be installed there, and the free themes are often really, really good, notably much better than cheap website templates or the work of less capable designers. Just make a help request, and they'll probably set you up or something.

[Edited at 2014-05-14 21:12 GMT]

Khan Stanikzai
Khan Stanikzai
Germany
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks May 14, 2014

Thanks Lukasz. Hey, how can I pronounce the first letter of your name? is it T or L? Last month as I visited Warsaw I was thinking whether to pronounce it as L or T? I had good time in Warsaw; friendly and sweet people, but a little lazy cashier in a big shop, I guess in Billa shop
Regards,

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website plan

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »