Any experienced voice over performer to give me advice?
Thread poster: Marie-Pierre Koch
Marie-Pierre Koch
Marie-Pierre Koch  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2019)
English to French
+ ...
Apr 15, 2021

Hello everyone!

It is the first time I post a question.
I just was contacted to do voice over but I have no idea what this implies and all the more how I can charge for it? I searched the forum and did not find any post related to that topic.
Does anyone have any experience and give me all the information he has?
If it is just reading a text, that sounds very easy... but I am sure it is more than that... See more
Hello everyone!

I just was contacted to do voice over but I have no idea what this implies and all the more how I can charge for it? I searched the forum and did not find any post related to that topic.
If it is just reading a text, that sounds very easy... but I am sure it is more than that))))
Thank you

Marie-Pierre
Collapse

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:36
English to German
+ ...
Write me in PM Apr 15, 2021

Marie-Pierre Koch wrote:

Hello everyone!

If it is just reading a text, that sounds very easy... but I am sure it is more than that))))
Thank you

Marie-Pierre

Voice over is one of my main tasks, write me in private.

Adieu
Adieu  Identity Verified
Ukrainian to English
+ ...
However much you think it costs Apr 16, 2021

...it probably costs 10x more.

Really NOT easy, unless they are looking for very rough single-take, wing it and roll with it voicing.

Also, just try reading a book aloud. Into a mic. Watch the decibels and listen to the results (and the complaints of your body).

Chances are, your voice will drop off and fade fast, your rate of speech will slow, and you'll collect more unwanted noises than you ever realized were possible.

Recording quality is SL
... See more
...it probably costs 10x more.

Really NOT easy, unless they are looking for very rough single-take, wing it and roll with it voicing.

Also, just try reading a book aloud. Into a mic. Watch the decibels and listen to the results (and the complaints of your body).

Chances are, your voice will drop off and fade fast, your rate of speech will slow, and you'll collect more unwanted noises than you ever realized were possible.

Recording quality is SLOW. And kinda painful.

And even the best pro cannot last more than several hours.

[Edited at 2021-04-16 00:52 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any experienced voice over performer to give me advice?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »