Thread poster: Paul Sinfield
Paul Sinfield
Paul Sinfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:15
French to English
Mar 4, 2018

Hello

I'm trying to load a TM in WF 5 for a regular client and just get the 'Unable to connect to TM' message. It's a TM I've used hundreds of times and I really need to get it working. I've tried the usual restart computer, I've renamed the file, recreated it and copied the content. Would be very grateful for any suggestions of things to try ...

Other client TMs are loading, just this one (typically the one I need right now!).

Thanks in advance

... See more
Hello

I'm trying to load a TM in WF 5 for a regular client and just get the 'Unable to connect to TM' message. It's a TM I've used hundreds of times and I really need to get it working. I've tried the usual restart computer, I've renamed the file, recreated it and copied the content. Would be very grateful for any suggestions of things to try ...

Other client TMs are loading, just this one (typically the one I need right now!).

Thanks in advance

Paul
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:15
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Just an idea Mar 4, 2018

Use wf2tmx to convert the TM to TMX, then convert back.

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 14:15
What type of TM? Mar 5, 2018

Hi Paul,

What type of TM is it local or Remote you are trying to connect to?

Can we email me at [email protected] so we can debug this further?

Thank you,

John

Paul Sinfield
Paul Sinfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:15
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - sorted Mar 6, 2018

Thank you both. The hotline helpdesk was very helpful, unfortunately the TM files appear to have become corrupt. A lesson learned in backing up my TMs - fortunately, I've been able to reconstitute (most) of it using the old tmxl files for the client.

Happy translating (and don't forget to back up your TMs!)

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to connect to TM - help!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »