Thread poster: Clara Nino
Clara Nino
Clara Nino
Canada
Local time: 10:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 22, 2018

Hi, I am working on Wordfast Pro 3, and I need to expand a segment to fit the translated text. I know there is a button to expand segment, but when I tried to use, the system popped a message stating the segments do not belong to the same paragraph. Help!!

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:02
Member (2006)
French to English
Expand segments beyond paragraph Jun 24, 2018

Hello Clara,

There is an option in the preferences to allow segment expansion beyond an end-of-paragraph marker. It is called "Merge across paragraphs" and you'll find it under "Translations": https://www.screencast.com/t/AVa6kfIOFEX

Kind regards,
John

Clara Nino
Clara Nino
Canada
Local time: 10:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Expand segment in Wordfast Pro3 Jun 24, 2018

Thank, John, I edited the source to make the segment longer, and then erase the added text. It worked, but from now on, I will use your option, far easier then my solution!

Thanks again!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Expand segment in Wordfast Pro3

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »