Fresh Freelancer Series 01: How does a Language Service Provider Agency (LSPA) Work ?
For a start-up or fresh freelancer, understanding the inner workings of an agency amounts to tremendous return on investment. Here investment implies time, effort, money and engagement. You will learn from someone who started essentially as a freelancer translator / writer a decade back and has been running an agency for last six years.
1. Start Up Freelancers
2. Freelancers thinking to start an Agency in near or short term
3. Outsourcers sending work to Agencies
1. Fresh or start-up Translators would learn something which would help them in navigating the world of Agencies
2. Evaluating the gain / risk from a client engagement
3. The Art of Communication to find out the type of Agency - opportunities and threat
4. Introducing a common-sense oriented, experiential SWOT analysis
5. Aspirant Agency Owners may learn the core rewards and challenges of running an Agency
Click to expand
The Course is divided into 2 parts. First part would provide perspective and take up the basic questions. Second part would be providing answers and actionable tips.
1. Should I target this Agency ?
2. What are the most effective ways to communicate with them ?
3. What to do when I do not get a response ?
4. What to do when I get a response ?
5. I dont understand what they are saying....
6. I am not sure whether they would eventually pay...
7. Should I ask some more probing questions but (I may lose the business)...
8. They have no rate policy it appears - what to quote...
Registration and access information (Click to expand)
Click to expand
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat
Participation fee includes:
• access to webinar session.
• unlimited access to the webinar recording.
• powerpoint slides to remind participants of the key points and lessons learned.
• certificates of attendance.
If I register will I be charged automatically?
No. Registering for the course means that you expressed interest in the training only. ProZ.com training session vacancies are limited, and minimum attendee confirmation is required in order for training sessions to be conducted, so be sure to book your seat as soon as possible.
How do I purchase my spot?
To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. Available slots are limited and will be assigned to registered and paid participants as soon as payment is reported. Early payment is advised in order to secure participation. Allow some time for payment processing if you are paying by wire transfer.
After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and your spot for the session will be secured. An invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records.
How do I access the online platform?
72 hours before the webinar takes place, you will receive an invitation to join the session. Please, click the registration link or button provided in the invitation email and complete the registration form.
Virtual platform system requirements (Click to expand)
Click to expand
Virtual platform system requirements
For PC-based Users:
• Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP, 2003 Server or 2000 (Linux is not supported)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL, or better recommended
• Recommended: Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (2 GB of RAM for Windows Vista)
For Mac®-based Users:
• Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®), OS X 10.5 (Leopard®), OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard®)
• Internet Connection Required: Cable modem, DSL or better recommended
• Required: PowerPC G4/G5 or Intel processor, 512 MB of RAM or better
To Use VoIP (microphone and speakers or headset):
• Required: Fast Internet connection (384 kbps or more recommended)
• Required: speakers or headset (USB headset recommended)
• NOT required: Microphone - attendees can communicate with the trainer through incorporated chat.
• For the visual section of the training course, we recommend that you have a 64kbps link. This means using an ISDN line or Broadband. Wireless connection is NOT recommended.
• For the audio section of the training course, we recommend that you have a headset or speakers.
• We recommend that you log in 30 minutes in advance of the start time to prepare for the training course.
Courses will be open half an hour before the start time. Please login before the start time to ensure that everything on your system is working correctly.
Pritam Bhattacharyya View feedback | View all courses
General discussions on this training