CAT-Tools: What they do and why you should get familiar with them
An introduction to CAT-Tools: What do they do and how could they help me?
- How do CAT-Tools handle the text
- How is the text is saved into the translation memory
- What is the Translation Memory
- How will the TM help me?
- How can I create, maintain and use the TM?
- Where can I find TMs I can use for free?
- What is a Glossary
- How can I create a Glossary
- How do I use a Glossary
- Where can I find good Glossaries for free?
Here is some feedback from others on this course's trainer:
"A great professional with a polite and friendly approach to the participants. I really appreciated the way she explained each topic with examples from her own career."
"Irene Koukia is a very approachable person from what I could see and hear, and she shared her valuable ideas and resources with us. I like the way she went into details such as how to present oneself, or where to find a free CAT tool, giving all sorts of links. I would like to thank her for opening my eyes as there are lots of things I didn't realize I could do on my own, such as getting a specialisation free of charge! I can't wait for the release of the recording of the course to go through all the info and get my profile sorted out properly. Thank you, Irene!"
Translators who were interested in this training were also interested in
Becoming an Outsourcer: Your Business Plan
Starting your translation business: Your Business Plan
Starting to work as a translator, gaining experience, improving ..
New professionals or established professionals who haven't taken the "CAT-Tool step" yet.
- What are CAT-Tools: Introduction, Structure, Basic Tasks, Advanced Tasks
- How can you speed-up your workflow by improving the quality of your translation
- Short Introduction to the most popular CAT-Tools in the market (free & paid options)
Click to expand
What are CAT-Tools?
1. What is a CAT-Tool?
2. How will it help me?
3. What does it do?
4. Translation Memories: New Translations, EU-Translation Memories, Alignment
5. Termbases: New Termbases, Microsoft Termbases, Termbases from glossaries/lists
Virtual platform system requirements
Click to expand
ProZ.com videos require a current flash player. Update here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
With low bandwidth Internet connections the video playback may buffer and load slowly, in this case we recommend you wait the whole or most part of the video to load before playing.
Registration and payment information
Click to expand
Price: 15.00 USD
Click on the buy button on the right to purchase your seat Participation fee includes unlimited access to the recording. How do I purchase the video? To purchase your seat at this session please click on the "buy" button. After your payment is received, your status will be changed to “registered and paid” and an invoice and receipt of payment will be sent to you for your records. How do I access the video? Once the payment is processed you will be able to watch the video here
Irene Koukia View feedback | View all courses
Comments about this course
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
This discussion can also be accessed via the ProZ.com forum pages.