Anyone else having coding problems posting/viewing KudoZ?
Thread poster: Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jul 24, 2003

For about 2 days now, I cannot view KudoZ no matter which encoding I choose in Internet Explorer, and when I post answers (E>C so that I could at least read the question!) the input looks normal but does not show up in the answer field. If I input the same characters with the same encoding into the "comments" field below, it seems to be fine.

I've written Hermann but he can't read Chinese, so he can't tell if the codings work or just change the garbage to another kind of garbage.... See more
For about 2 days now, I cannot view KudoZ no matter which encoding I choose in Internet Explorer, and when I post answers (E>C so that I could at least read the question!) the input looks normal but does not show up in the answer field. If I input the same characters with the same encoding into the "comments" field below, it seems to be fine.

I've written Hermann but he can't read Chinese, so he can't tell if the codings work or just change the garbage to another kind of garbage.

Is anyone else having this problem??
Collapse

Lu Zou
Lu Zou  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 20:43
Member (2003)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Did the same to me Jul 24, 2003

After it happened to me three times, I found that I can type in Chinese in Word, and copy to the online box. It works fine this way.

Yongmei Liu
Yongmei Liu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
As a general rule: Jul 25, 2003

Make sure the composing page and your input method are in the same language. For example, if you want to post in GB, make sure the COMPOSING page is also in GB.

Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did that, it doesn't help Jul 25, 2003

I have tried every combination of encodings and input that I can get on my computer, and nothing seems to help.
The scary part is that I cannot even read questions anymore if they are Chinese to English. The Chinese characters are just a mess. ;-(

Yet I can input into the comments box just fine...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Anyone else having coding problems posting/viewing KudoZ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »