Exporting mtb and tdb from laptop to PC (DV3)
ناشر الموضوع: Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
شيلي
Local time: 20:56
عضو (2002)
إسباني إلى فرنسي
+ ...
Apr 7, 2005

Hi

I've always worked with DV3 in a laptop. I'd like to move to my PC. I copied all the files and I have them in CDR. How do I insert them to the not existing mtb and tdb files in C:\Archivos de programa\DejaVu?

I have TDBM and MDBM empty.

Thank you

Claudia

[Edited at 2005-04-07 21:33]

Klas Törnquist
Klas Törnquist
Local time: 02:56
أنجليزي إلى سويدي
+ ...
Create a new folder Apr 8, 2005

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

Hi

I've always worked with DV3 in a laptop. I'd like to move to my PC. I copied all the files and I have them in CDR. How do I insert them to the not existing mtb and tdb files in C:\Archivos de programa\DejaVu?

I have TDBM and MDBM empty.

Thank you

Claudia

[Edited at 2005-04-07 21:33]

I don't think it's a good idea to keep the mdb and tdb in the DejaVu program folder. You can create a new folder, possibly in the main folder where you keep all your files from clients etc.
(This will i.a. facilitate backups.)
When you create a new project in DV on your desktop PC you will need to enter the path to the mdb and tdb. When you have done that once, DV will default to that path for following projects.

When you have copied the mdb and tdb from the CD, right click on them and uncheck "Read only", otherwise you will get an error message and DV can't use them.
Files that are burnt to CD will by default be Read only.

Klas

Forgot: You may want to copy your settings.mdb file (+ any custom spellcheck dictionaries) from the laptop. The settings.mdb contains information about clients, subjects etc. and it goes into the DejaVu program folder.

[Edited at 2005-04-08 16:43]

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
شيلي
Local time: 20:56
عضو (2002)
إسباني إلى فرنسي
+ ...
بادئ الموضوع
Thanks Klas Apr 8, 2005

That sounds very logic.

I'll try.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting mtb and tdb from laptop to PC (DV3)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »