Mark Smith
Mark Smith  Identity Verified
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 00:28
ألماني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
Jun 7, 2005

Dear all,

Can someone please tell me if DVX allows more than one person to use its Terminology Databases and Translation Memories at the same time, i.e. over a LAN?

Thanks,
Mark Smith

Hirundo
Hirundo
Local time: 13:28
عضو
أنجليزي إلى هولندي
+ ...
With Workgroup edition: Definetly Jun 8, 2005

Sharing databases in real-time is no problem with Workgroup edition.

(I have no experience doing this with other versions, so I cannot tell you for Professional or Standard edition.)

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
ألمانيا
Local time: 06:28
ألماني إلى أنجليزي
+ ...
I think so Jun 8, 2005

I believe it is possible, although I have never had any occasion to explore this myself. There are likely to be issues such as LAN capacity and speed, of course.

What I do know is that it is possible to draw on the same databases in different jobs simultaneously on the same computer. For example, while one project is pretranslating a long job (and thus calling on the active databases all the time), I can work in another job and call on the same databases. Again, computer power and m
... See more
I believe it is possible, although I have never had any occasion to explore this myself. There are likely to be issues such as LAN capacity and speed, of course.

What I do know is that it is possible to draw on the same databases in different jobs simultaneously on the same computer. For example, while one project is pretranslating a long job (and thus calling on the active databases all the time), I can work in another job and call on the same databases. Again, computer power and memory are important factors which may influence the speed.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

مشرفو هذا المنتدى
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX TermBase / TM sharing

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »