Mohammed Majeed
Mohammed Majeed  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:05
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 5, 2017

Hi all,

I am only getting Kodus term questions (English to Arabic) directions, but not (Arabic to English). Does anyone know why?

Mo

Pascal Pierre Kameim
Pascal Pierre Kameim  Identity Verified
Guinea
English to French
+ ...
"Partial receipt of Kodus questions" Jun 5, 2017

Dear Mr Mojo,
Warmest greetings and hope you are doing well.
You are only getting Kudoz term questions of Englsih into Arabic directions because it's your first language combinaisons. This is why you only get message of this pair.

Mohammed Majeed
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Kudos notifications Jun 5, 2017

Thanks Pascal - so everyone gets the same, even yourself?

Mo

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:05
English to Italian
Check your settings Jun 5, 2017

Mojo 59 wrote:

Hi all,

I am only getting Kodus term questions (English to Arabic) directions, but not (Arabic to English). Does anyone know why?

Check your settings here: http://www.proz.com/dashboard/kudoz/

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 13:05
SITE STAFF
Notifications for that pair have not been activated Jun 5, 2017

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Check your settings here: http://www.proz.com/dashboard/kudoz/

Thanks Mirko!

Mo, for Arabic to English, your notifications are turned off. Just set the type of notification you want for that pair, and be sure to hit the Save preferences button at the bottom of the page.

Mohammed Majeed
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you guys Jun 5, 2017

Thanks Mirko and Jared - preferences now saved. However, I forgot to tell you guys that sometimes I don't even receive some questions of my language direction, i.e. don't receive all the (English into Arabic) Kudoz questions. Is this normal that members receive part or do they receive all the Kudos questions?

Mo

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:05
English to Italian
RSS Jun 5, 2017

Mojo 59 wrote:

Thanks Mirko and Jared - preferences now saved. However, I forgot to tell you guys that sometimes I don't even receive some questions of my language direction, i.e. don't receive all the (English into Arabic) Kudoz questions. Is this normal that members receive part or do they receive all the Kudos questions?

I think I had some issue with notifications in the past, but I don't remember the details.

However, if you want an alternative, you could try with an RSS reader. Download and install an RSS reader, then go here, create your personalized search, click "View questions" and then import the "Current search" link at "Subscribe [ Saved search | Current search ]" into your RSS reader.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 13:05
SITE STAFF
The support team can help troubleshoot notifications for specific questions Jun 6, 2017

Hi Mo,

Mojo 59 wrote:

Mo

I don't see anything in your settings now that would prevent you from receiving notification of all new questions in your pairs. If you can open a support request at http://www.proz.com/support and include two or three questions for which you should have received notification, but did not, the support team can better troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!

Mohammed Majeed
United Kingdom
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you guys Jun 6, 2017

Yes, that's correct. Because I added (English to Arabic) language pair to my profile in my settings yesterday, I have now been receiving alerts from both language directions. But only time will tell if I miss any posts (alerts). Thank you very much Mirko and Jared - much appreciated - and I will be in touch if there's any issue.

Kindest regards
Mohammed

[Edited at 2017-06-06 15:42 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Partial receipt of KudoZ questions

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »