Interviews transcription based on the target word + translation (into French)
Thread poster: Chrystele Lacroix
Chrystele Lacroix
Chrystele Lacroix  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:10
English to French
May 17, 2022

Hello everybody,

A Parisian translation agency has contacted me to transcribe interviews made in American English and then translate them into French (I'm a French translator based in the U.S.)

They ask me for my rates.

- of the source word when they have the script

- of the target word when they don't have a script

I believe that I will have to complete the transcription + translation or translation alone within the same day, so
... See more
Hello everybody,

A Parisian translation agency has contacted me to transcribe interviews made in American English and then translate them into French (I'm a French translator based in the U.S.)

They ask me for my rates.

- of the source word when they have the script

- of the target word when they don't have a script

I believe that I will have to complete the transcription + translation or translation alone within the same day, so when in France, they are sleeping. Should I apply for a rush rate? Will +25% of my standard rate ($0,12) be too little or too much or just fine?

I never transcribed before, but I know that usually, the rate is by the hour. What rate do you advise me for the target word in French?

What questions should I ask the project manager?

[Edited at 2022-05-17 14:45 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interviews transcription based on the target word + translation (into French)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »