Hege Jakobsen Lepri
Hege Jakobsen Lepri  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 01:00
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Downtown and super-urban Feb 20, 2017

But in a heritage-listed Victorian neighbourhood with graveyards on two sides, lots of trees and well manicured front yards. The best of two worlds.

http://www.rebeccalaing.ca/images/11033/Cabbagetown_Homes.jpg

[Edited at 2017-02-20 19:52 GMT]

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:00
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Urban... for now Feb 21, 2017

I still wasn't able to leave this town, because my wife is still in college and my three kids still live with me. But one day, I'll fly away from here into the woods, and I hope it won't be long.

Ricki Farn
Ricki Farn
Germany
Local time: 01:00
English to German
@Mario Feb 21, 2017

14624418_1684016308582612_538980776029454336_n[1]

(the sad thing is that the cabin in the woods is often *more* expensive than the flat in town)

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:00
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Indeed, Ricky, Feb 23, 2017

Ricki Farn wrote:
(the sad thing is that the cabin in the woods is often *more* expensive than the flat in town)

In Brazil, however, it is still possible to find a small house in a beautiful place for a decent price. The problem is to find a place like that with a decent internet connection, a good hospital, supermarkets, banks, etc. nearby, or at least close to a bigger city. Then it gets more and more expansive. But I'll get ther one day. Maybe I'll try it in another country. In Canada there are places with low population where you even get paid if you sign a contract undertaking to live there for a few years.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: The place where I live is mostly

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »