Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 21:14
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Different case Jul 29, 2011

Elizabeth Adams wrote:

I have a client that frequently asks me to rewrite texts. They own a bunch of sites that all say basically the same things about their products but they want the sites to seem unique and different from each other. I don't particularly enjoy doing it, but I don't see anything wrong with it (although I'm sure Google would disagree).

If they own copyrights to the original copy from which you started rewriting/reconstructing material, then it's different. Since you basically got the permission to do it from the author, if they are the author.

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:14
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
To Peter Shortall Jul 29, 2011

Yes, this looks like the same job that was offered to me.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Asked to re-edit text for would-be plagiarist

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »