Thread poster: Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak
Claudia Krysztofiak  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:23
English to German
+ ...
Jul 12, 2007

When I wish to add a new entry to the BlueBoard via the respective tab in the BlueBoard window in German ("Eintrag hinzufügen") a selection list for countries is displayed. This seems to be sorted by some index key that was dreived from another language than German.
Please sort it alphabetically and not by index key. Otherwise Österreich is found among the countries beginning with an "A" (since it's Austria in English, I guess) and Ägypten (Egypt) under "E" and many more wild examples.
... See more
When I wish to add a new entry to the BlueBoard via the respective tab in the BlueBoard window in German ("Eintrag hinzufügen") a selection list for countries is displayed. This seems to be sorted by some index key that was dreived from another language than German.
Please sort it alphabetically and not by index key. Otherwise Österreich is found among the countries beginning with an "A" (since it's Austria in English, I guess) and Ägypten (Egypt) under "E" and many more wild examples.

Please, either leave the list in English or sort it alphabetically for each respective language, so we really can find what we are looking for.

I don't know if this is the case with other selection lists as well, but you should check this.

Thanks for your efforts!

Claudia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Odd sequence of countries in selection list

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »