מפרסם התגובה: Samuel Murray
Carmen Morata
Carmen Morata  Identity Verified
קנדה
Local time: 15:14
מאנגלית לספרדית
+ ...
Same message - Rozemary Stodulski Jul 10

I was contacted by Rozemary Stodulski (http://www.proz.com/profile/4025468) through ProZ two day ago:
"I have a translation task from English to Spanish. Let me
know if you can help with this task, waiting to hear from
you soon."

After responding, the email they used to
... See more
I was contacted by Rozemary Stodulski (http://www.proz.com/profile/4025468) through ProZ two day ago:
"I have a translation task from English to Spanish. Let me
know if you can help with this task, waiting to hear from
you soon."

After responding, the email they used to send the attachment was [email protected].
Collapse

Frédérique Bertrand-Le Borgne
Frédérique Bertrand-Le Borgne
קנדה
משתמש חדש
Other scams to be weary of Jul 11

I registered to this forum to warn others. I also received an email from a Dennis Shore who pretended to need a translator for an assignment. He sent the following email:

Hello X,

I got your contact from ACJT. I'm contacting you in regard to an English content document worth 11,638 words (44 Pages). I need this document translated into French. I would like to know if you are interested and available to get this done for me. Please get back to me to discuss further and
... See more
I registered to this forum to warn others. I also received an email from a Dennis Shore who pretended to need a translator for an assignment. He sent the following email:

Hello X,

I got your contact from ACJT. I'm contacting you in regard to an English content document worth 11,638 words (44 Pages). I need this document translated into French. I would like to know if you are interested and available to get this done for me. Please get back to me to discuss further and share the document with you. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Dennis

I started the text and I noticed that the text to translate was fishy, meaning that it was copied from other sources from the internet and was sometimes incoherent. Moreover, Dennis Shore wanted to know information like my daily limit from my bank. He decided to send to me double the amount agreed without checking with me if it was correct because he wanted me to do another assignment in that project. He sent me the exact same email that was sent to another member of this forum (about the death in the family of his sponsor, etc.). I called him out and he disappeared.

Thank you so much to this member who reported this Dennis shore!

I wish I could do more to warn others, but it's a good reminder to be careful with these so-called "clients".

I hope that everyone is safe.
Collapse

Siddhi Talati
Siddhi Talati  Identity Verified
ארצות הברית
Local time: 18:14
חבר (2005)
מגוג'ראטית לאנגלית
+ ...
Scam email for translation Jul 16

I received an email with the same subject title using [email protected] directory email. This was from Flickinger Elizabeth [email protected]. Though I informed that I am on vacation for few more days I received an another email with the document to translate without confirming the rates so it created some doubts. It says scam on Google search too.

[Edited at 2024-0
... See more
I received an email with the same subject title using [email protected] directory email. This was from Flickinger Elizabeth [email protected]. Though I informed that I am on vacation for few more days I received an another email with the document to translate without confirming the rates so it created some doubts. It says scam on Google search too.

[Edited at 2024-07-16 22:41 GMT]
Collapse

דפים בנושא:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

מנהלי פורום זה
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scam: Public Organization Procedures Research Phase 1 and 2

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »