Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgia
Local time: 14:47
Utilizator
din engleză în olandeză
+ ...
Aug 22, 2002

In days gone by, when I was stumped for the meaning of a word, I\'d reach for a big fat dictionary and page through it to find a definition.

Now, there are -thanks a.o. to Maria Farre and Proz (GlossPost) and many many others, plenty of great dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, and the like on the Web, and I can find what I need in seconds.

Now I can even take my pick at Search-22: Reference Search E
... See more
In days gone by, when I was stumped for the meaning of a word, I\'d reach for a big fat dictionary and page through it to find a definition.

Now, there are -thanks a.o. to Maria Farre and Proz (GlossPost) and many many others, plenty of great dictionaries, encyclopedias, almanacs, and the like on the Web, and I can find what I need in seconds.

Now I can even take my pick at Search-22: Reference Search Engines at

www.search-22.com/reference.html

of which reference site to use.

Search-22 has 22 sites listed on its home page, and when you type in a keyword you can choose which one you want to search.

Search-22 also has pages with search engines for other topics, including health, shopping, kids teens, and more.

For dictionaries and thesauri, Search-22 listed OneLook, Lookwayup, yourDictionary, Free Dictionary, Ultralingua, WordNet, TechWeb and Thesaurus.com.

These sites are only one click away.

Try it, you may like it.

http://www.search-22.com/reference.html

[addsig]
Collapse

tonnie (X)
tonnie (X)
Canada
Local time: 08:47
din franceză în olandeză
+ ...
thanks Evert.. Aug 24, 2002

Inderdaad een geweldige site... bedankt! ;o)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search-22: Reference search engines

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »