Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:43
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 21, 2021

My client is chasing a deadline, I'm chasing the client's deadline, the client has gone home already and I need to upload this translation before I go to bed myself, and for some reason the login details don't want to work. So I do what any other translator would have done: I try a few times, each time copying the username and password more carefully than the previous time, checking that I'm copying it from the correct mail, checking for spaces etc., in the hope that this time it'll log me in. ... See more
My client is chasing a deadline, I'm chasing the client's deadline, the client has gone home already and I need to upload this translation before I go to bed myself, and for some reason the login details don't want to work. So I do what any other translator would have done: I try a few times, each time copying the username and password more carefully than the previous time, checking that I'm copying it from the correct mail, checking for spaces etc., in the hope that this time it'll log me in. And then, as a reward for my efforts:

And here's the problem, of course: my client is not the "project manager" or "administrator". My client works for another client, who possibly works for another client (in this case with the orange logo), and who knows when those people will be awake. Plus, tomorrow is Friday, and part of this chain is in the Middle East, so deity only knows when all actors will be properly aligned to perform this unblocking.

[Edited at 2021-10-21 20:52 GMT]
Collapse

Oriol Vives (X)
Oriol Vives (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:43
English to Catalan
+ ...
These things happen Oct 22, 2021

And even with wider deadlines. The weekend is coming -try to reach someone then!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

XTM doesn't like it when you desperately try to log in

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »