memoQ freezes, no Statistics, TM error messages...
Thread poster: Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Germany
Local time: 19:22
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 7, 2015

I am working on a large server project for a client (15000 words). A couple of hours ago I started to have problems, getting error messages like "Segment could not be saved in the TM" even when I did not try to confirm a segment - they just kept popping up.

I restarted my computer and the project opened, but it wasn't possible to run the Statistics function anymore - and I got error messages that the project could not get the link to the server.

Now, after restarting me
... See more
I am working on a large server project for a client (15000 words). A couple of hours ago I started to have problems, getting error messages like "Segment could not be saved in the TM" even when I did not try to confirm a segment - they just kept popping up.

I restarted my computer and the project opened, but it wasn't possible to run the Statistics function anymore - and I got error messages that the project could not get the link to the server.

Now, after restarting memoQ several times, I cannot even open the project anymore.

Any ideas? Does this have to do with today's update? Is there a way to get back to yesterday's version?

I would be very grateful for any help!

Best regards,
Anna
Collapse

Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:22
Romanian to English
+ ...
Segment could not be saved Dec 7, 2015

This may not be the same problem, but I had this error message when something was wrong with the client's server. They restarted the server (or did something to it) and it worked again. Have you asked your client about this?

Anna Sarah Krämer
Anna Sarah Krämer
Germany
Local time: 19:22
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Could be a reason Dec 8, 2015

In the meantime the client has told me they had problems with the server yesterday. And my dear husband told me he was uploading videos. Both might have contributed to the problems.

Now there should be a way to work on a project offline, if my internet or the client's server encounter problems - and indeen memoQ offers the "Synchronize later" option when there is trouble with the connection. But when I accept to synchronize later, I get error messages the same. There must be a true
... See more
In the meantime the client has told me they had problems with the server yesterday. And my dear husband told me he was uploading videos. Both might have contributed to the problems.

Now there should be a way to work on a project offline, if my internet or the client's server encounter problems - and indeen memoQ offers the "Synchronize later" option when there is trouble with the connection. But when I accept to synchronize later, I get error messages the same. There must be a true "Work offline" function.

I hope that things work better today!

Best regards,
Anna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

memoQ freezes, no Statistics, TM error messages...

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »