Why can't I Ignore all messages in SDL Trados Studio 2021 in the editor for QA Checker?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 00:46
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Jul 2, 2021

Why can't I Ignore all messages in SDL Trados Studio 2021 in the editor for QA Checker?

I have this list with errors, warnings and notes furthest down in the editor view when reviewing multiple files at the same time. When I right-click a message, the option Ignore all messages is greyed-out (not possible to select). Why? I can't find anything in the settings for this either.

I need to Ignore all messages for this type of error as I have close to 1,000 messages to proce
... See more

I have this list with errors, warnings and notes furthest down in the editor view when reviewing multiple files at the same time. When I right-click a message, the option Ignore all messages is greyed-out (not possible to select). Why? I can't find anything in the settings for this either.

I need to Ignore all messages for this type of error as I have close to 1,000 messages to process.

QA Checker 3.0 messages are possible to Ignore all (or Restore all), but not Terminology verifier messages.

[Edited at 2021-07-02 14:30 GMT]
Collapse

Uta Schulz
Uta Schulz  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:46
Member (2013)
English to German
+ ...
manipulate the xml file Jan 17

Even though the thread is quite old the answer might be useful for people who don't want to install XBench or the like and just need to ignore messages for the purpose of reporting.

This is how you can ignore all messages, also terminology verifier messages, batch-wise, and create an Excel report that shows all messages ignored:

1. Run QA in Trados on file or project level using batch tasks and check the box "include ignored messages"

2. Go to the Report se
... See more
Even though the thread is quite old the answer might be useful for people who don't want to install XBench or the like and just need to ignore messages for the purpose of reporting.

This is how you can ignore all messages, also terminology verifier messages, batch-wise, and create an Excel report that shows all messages ignored:

1. Run QA in Trados on file or project level using batch tasks and check the box "include ignored messages"

2. Go to the Report section and click on the report you created. It will show the number of messages and 0 ignored. DO NOT CLICK ANYWHERE ANYMORE!

3. Open the file explorer of your system

4. Go to your Trados project's folder and open the folder Reports

5. Open the verification xml file (that you just created) in any text editor (a text editor for plain text, not Word or the like). The file name depends on your language, don't change it. As text editor you can use the Editor app of your system. I use VS Code.

6. Run the Find&Replace batch function (e.g. by pressing CTRL+H in Editor)

7. Find: < Ignored >false< / Ignored > (without the spaces)

8. Replace all by < Ignored >true< / Ignored > (delete the spaces)

9. Save your xml file (do NOT change the name) and close the text editor

10. Now, back in the Trados Reports section, without left-clicking anywhere, right-click on the report's button you had already loaded before and select-click on "Save as". Save as Excel (xslx). After some minutes depending on the size, you will find this Excel in your file explorer in the project's Reports folder. It will show all messages ignored.

11. In your file explorer in the project's Reports folder, change the name of your manipulated xml file so Trados cannot overwrite it with new reports. This is why: In Trados, as soon as you click on the Reports section or the report itself, Trados will regenerate the report and your messages will not be ignored anymore.

I hope that works for you, too.
Collapse

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »