Thread poster: Chiara Gavasso
Chiara Gavasso
Chiara Gavasso  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:15
English to Italian
+ ...
May 13, 2021

Hi all, I've been trying to install Across Translator Edition 7.0 into my new laptop but "Activation failed. You may have already reached the maximum number of activation attempts."
Support is not replying to the ticket I opened yesterday and I can't seem to find a reply as to how to fix it.
I always used Across on my previous laptop, which died last month, so I activated the licence (seamlessly) in my desktop PC. Now I have a new laptop, and I need to use Across on this notebook. Bu
... See more
Hi all, I've been trying to install Across Translator Edition 7.0 into my new laptop but "Activation failed. You may have already reached the maximum number of activation attempts."
Support is not replying to the ticket I opened yesterday and I can't seem to find a reply as to how to fix it.
I always used Across on my previous laptop, which died last month, so I activated the licence (seamlessly) in my desktop PC. Now I have a new laptop, and I need to use Across on this notebook. But I can't.
Are two installations in 35 days not allowed maybe?
Has anyone ever experienced the same?

Thank you,
Chiara
Collapse

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
License May 13, 2021

Hello Chiara,
Seems you are using a free version with some limitations. Pay for their "premium" subscription if you want to avoid such problems and just work.
Kind regards

Peter Motte

George Luca
George Luca  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:15
German to Romanian
+ ...
Activation counter reset May 15, 2021

It happened to me at least three times due to the multiple activation/deactivation between laptop and desktop.
The use of Across TE (basic) is limited to one computer and the number of activations is limited too, as far as I can remember to seven.
Ask the Across Support to reset the activation counter for you.
In this respect, my experience with the Across Support was always an excellent one. They always reacted in a jiffy.

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Limitations May 15, 2021

Yes, the free version is limited to a single laptop or PC usage scenario.

Chiara, instead of complaining about the product and the Support for which you haven't paid a cent, buy a subscription and use without restrictions.

And yes, I agree, the Support is always top notch, even if something happens to the product. They are a bit slower to respond on holidays and weekends, but it's acceptable.

Chiara Gavasso
Chiara Gavasso  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:15
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 17, 2021

for your time.
The Support reset the activation counter and now it is working, as George mentioned.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Max. number of activation attempts reached

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »