Thread poster: Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 31, 2004

Hi everyone!

As you probably know, this application was discontinued some 2 yrs ago and to my knowledge it was not even "ported" to OS X. So far I've been using it under Classic or in OS 9 but I am trying to move on to OS X once and forever and iPhoto's editing features are pretty limited.

Does any of you have any suggestion about a similar product? It doesn't need to be a freeware.

Thanks a million for any hint...
See more
Hi everyone!

As you probably know, this application was discontinued some 2 yrs ago and to my knowledge it was not even "ported" to OS X. So far I've been using it under Classic or in OS 9 but I am trying to move on to OS X once and forever and iPhoto's editing features are pretty limited.

Does any of you have any suggestion about a similar product? It doesn't need to be a freeware.

Thanks a million for any hint

[Edited at 2004-11-01 02:35]
Collapse

Roberta Anderson
Roberta Anderson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:37
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
check out Photoshop Elements Nov 1, 2004

Hi Muja.

You might want to check out Adobe Photoshop Elements (http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/photoshopelmac/main.html) - it's a cheaper, scaled down version of Photoshop, but still with a lot of photo editing features and an easier to use interface.
They offer
... See more
Hi Muja.

You might want to check out Adobe Photoshop Elements (http://www.adobe.co.uk/products/photoshopelmac/main.html) - it's a cheaper, scaled down version of Photoshop, but still with a lot of photo editing features and an easier to use interface.
They offer an upgrade path/price from PhotoDeluxe (https://eurostore.adobe.com/cgi-bin/uk1/templates/product?mv_arg=PSEMAC).

HtH,
Roberta

[Edited at 2004-11-01 06:14]
Collapse

Valentina Pecchiar
Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Eureka! Nov 1, 2004

Roberta Anderson wrote:
You might want to check out Adobe Photoshop Elements

Thanks Roberta!

There is now a v. 3 for Mac OS 10.2.8 and 10.3, which I already ordered
I remember checking it out in the past and and discarding it either because there was no Mac version or it would not run on my OS version, I don't remember. Foolishly enough, I did not go back to the Adobe website before posting.

Have a good Ognissanti day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What replacements for Adobe Photo DeLuxe

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »