Big issue with Cafetran - The CAT TOOL does not open the loaded file for translation
מפרסם התגובה: Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani  Identity Verified
איטליה
Local time: 00:27
חבר
מאנגלית לאיטלקית
+ ...
Jul 26

Hello,
I have never experienced such an issue with Cafetran but lately whenever I run Cafetran version 12.00 the selected document to be translated is not loaded in the usual top left panel. The number of TU that I get is "0" (ZERO) - I have tried with different document formats as docx, xlsx, pdf but the situation does not change. Has this ever happened to you? Can you think of any reason why this may accour?
I thank you a lot for your kind reply.
Regards
Paolo

Screenshot 2024-07-26 19.47.20

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
פולין
חבר (2016)
מאנגלית לפולנית
+ ...
Reset Jul 26

Hello Paolo,

You may have updated from an old CafeTran version in your system. Please try to reset the preferences via the menu Edit > Preferences > the Reset button. It will ensure only the settings from the newest version are used.

Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani  Identity Verified
איטליה
חבר
מאנגלית לאיטלקית
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 27

Hello Igor,
I thank you for your usuful reply.
I tried a few times to follow your instructions and eventually all was set and now Cafetran is working correctly.
Thanks again for your precious help.
Bye
Paolo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

מנהלי פורום זה
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Big issue with Cafetran - The CAT TOOL does not open the loaded file for translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »