这是对面评分最高(C-)的一篇,中译英:

高集成射频模块巴伦详解
如今,为了满足日益增长的
... See more
今天上午收到一家翻译公司的测试结果。非常意外地所有译文全部被判成 Fail,突然之间就有些自我怀疑了。

虽然对自己的翻译水平有自知之明,后续仍需努力。在此还是想请大家伙得空时给看看是不是真的很差,点评一下问题在哪里,万分感谢。

这是对面评分最高(C-)的一篇,中译英:

高集成射频模块巴伦详解
如今,为了满足日益增长的高级系统集成的需求,设计多芯片模块的RF/MMIC工程师需要进行“电路级”电磁仿真和建模。除典型主动元件外,具有完整系统级功能的模块还需要被动支持电路。这些被动元件通常包括如下电路:90度耦合器,180度的耦合器,同相耦合器,滤波器,双工器和传输线结构。
巴伦是高频电路设计中非常重要的支持电路。180度巴伦是异质结双极晶体管(HBT)以及假晶高电子迁移晶体管(pHEMT) 推挽放大器,平衡混频器,平衡倍频器,移相器,平衡调制器,偶极子源,针对差分信号的非平衡差分转换器和许多其他应用的一个重要元件。此外,模拟电路需要平衡输入和输出以减少噪音,尽量减少高次谐波并提高电路的动态范围,模拟电路也可从这种巴伦结构中获益。

Detailed Explanation on Baluns for Highly Integrated RF Modules

Nowadays, to meet the growing demands for higher levels of system integration, RF/MMIC engineers designing multi-chip modules need to perform “circuit-level” electromagnetic simulation and modeling. In addition to typical active components, modules providing full system-level functionality require passive support circuits. These passive components typically include the following circuits: 90-degree couplers, 180-degree couplers, in-phase couplers, filters, diplexers, and transmission line structures.

Baluns are very important support circuits used in high-frequency circuit design. The 180-degree balun is a major component in heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) as well as pseudo high-electron mobility transistor (pHEMT) push-pull amplifiers, balanced mixers, balanced frequency multipliers, phase shifters, balanced modulators, dipole feeds, unbalanced to differential converters for differential signaling, and numerous other applications. Moreover, analog circuits benefitting from balanced inputs and outputs to reduce noise, minimize high-order harmonics, and enhance dynamic range are also well-suited for this type of balun structure.

评级(A级:90-100;B级:75-85;C级:60-70;D级:60以下):C-
评语:不推荐。有些地方意思不太准确。
Collapse

Huijun Suo
Huijun Suo  Identity Verified
סין
Local time: 06:28
מאנגלית לסינית
+ ...
该怀疑的不是你自己,而是这家公司 Jun 7

我虽然不懂电子技术细节,但绝非对技术内容毫无感知,仅凭对原文和译文的对照,我认为译文无任何问题,除非原文有问题。该公司的测试程序缺乏基本的公平,如果评审者认为译文有问题,应指出哪儿有问题,哪怕只列出一条!

仅供参考,看看懂技术细节的同仁怎么说。

David Lin
Charles Peng

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
הממלכה המאוחדת
Local time: 23:28
חבר (2013)
מאנגלית לסינית
+ ...

מנהל פורום זה
Ask for evidence of failure is the way to go Jun 7

Hi Charles Peng,

I think if you're in doubt (not your life but the result of the translation test), ask the agency for evidence. A responsible agency should provide you the proofreader's comments and corrections for your test, particularly when they failed you which is the case here.

And you've the right to ask for their proof, instead of asking users here. More effective that way I think.

Good luck!

David

Charles Peng
Youdan Huang
Jianrong Sun

Charles Peng
Charles Peng  Identity Verified
סין
חבר (2022)
מאנגלית לסינית
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
感谢 Huijun Suo Jun 7

Huijun Suo wrote:

我虽然不懂电子技术细节,但绝非对技术内容毫无感知,仅凭对原文和译文的对照,我认为译文无任何问题,除非原文有问题。该公司的测试程序缺乏基本的公平,如果评审者认为译文有问题,应指出哪儿有问题,哪怕只列出一条!

仅供参考,看看懂技术细节的同仁怎么说。

感谢 Huijun Suo!良言一句三冬暧。

Charles Peng
Charles Peng  Identity Verified
סין
חבר (2022)
מאנגלית לסינית
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks David for your precious time! Jun 7

David Lin wrote:

Hi Charles Peng,

I think if you're in doubt (not your life but the result of the translation test), ask the agency for evidence. A responsible agency should provide you the proofreader's comments and corrections for your test, particularly when they failed you which is the case here.

And you've the right to ask for their proof, instead of asking users here. More effective that way I think.

Good luck!

David

Dear David,

Thanks so much for your suggestion!

I tried but they refused my request on the ground of confidentiality.

Anyway, I will keep honing my translation skills.

Cheers,
Charles

David Lin
David Lin  Identity Verified
הממלכה המאוחדת
Local time: 23:28
חבר (2013)
מאנגלית לסינית
+ ...

מנהל פורום זה
Smelling fishy here Jun 7

Hi Charles,

Don't mention it.

I'm actually surprised the agency didn't show you the proof of their claim of your "failure" in the test even though you asked for it. I can smell a little fishy here. because confidentiality is not a reason not to disclose the proof why they failed you.

To be frank, it sounds more like an excuse they might have used your test translation for free in their business.

You could rate the agency in the ProZ.com Blue
... See more
Hi Charles,

Don't mention it.

I'm actually surprised the agency didn't show you the proof of their claim of your "failure" in the test even though you asked for it. I can smell a little fishy here. because confidentiality is not a reason not to disclose the proof why they failed you.

To be frank, it sounds more like an excuse they might have used your test translation for free in their business.

You could rate the agency in the ProZ.com Blue Board if you aren't happy with the outcome so it will serve as a warning for fellow translators who might be "used" by the same agency in the future.

Hope this helps. Have a nice weekend!

David

Charles Peng wrote:

David Lin wrote:

Hi Charles Peng,

Good luck!

David

Dear David,

Thanks so much for your suggestion!

I tried but they refused my request on the ground of confidentiality.

Anyway, I will keep honing my translation skills.

Cheers,
Charles
Collapse

Yan Yuliang
Yan Yuliang  Identity Verified
מאנגלית לסינית
+ ...
最后一句话有问题 Jul 27

原文最后一句话读起来感觉就很奇怪,译文的内容逻辑也有点奇怪。
除此之外,其他部分的处理都没问题。

但是,这篇测试稿本身是有问题的。因为它的原文是英文,中文是由英文翻译过去的。

英文的�
... See more
原文最后一句话读起来感觉就很奇怪,译文的内容逻辑也有点奇怪。
除此之外,其他部分的处理都没问题。

但是,这篇测试稿本身是有问题的。因为它的原文是英文,中文是由英文翻译过去的。

英文的原文链接在这里:
https://www.eetimes.com/understand-baluns-for-highly-integrated-rf-modules/

这两小段的英文如下:
Today, RF/MMIC engineers designing multi-chip modules require “circuit-level” EM simulation and modeling to meet the increased demands for higher levels of system integration. Modules providing full system-level functionality require passive support circuitry in addition to typical active components.These passive components typically include circuits such as 90-degree couplers, 180-degree couplers, in-phase couplers, filters, diplexers, and transmission line structures.

Baluns are very important support circuitry used in high-frequency circuit design.The 180-degree balun is a major component in heterojunction bipolar transistor (HBT) as well as pseudo high-electron mobility transistor (pHEMT) push-pull amplifiers, balanced mixers, balanced frequency multipliers, phase shifters, balanced modulators, dipole feeds, unbalanced to differential converters for differential signaling, and numerous other applications.Additionally, analog circuits requiring balanced inputs and outputs to reduce noise and minimize high order harmonics, and improve the dynamic range of the circuits [1] are also good candidates to benefit from this type of balun structure.

网络上能搜到英文原文的稿件,拿来做测试稿,由此可见这家公司太不专业。
Collapse

Jianrong Sun
tclee271gmai

Jianrong Sun
Jianrong Sun  Identity Verified
סין
חבר (2019)
מאנגלית לסינית
+ ...
我的观点 Jul 27

我的观点,仅供参考。

我现在做中英技术翻译,不过活不是很多,主要是我的价格较高的缘故。在我六年的全职专业英译汉或汉译英实践中,我发现,只有两个LSP(主要是他们的终端客户懂专业,懂中文和英文)给我的翻译做出了合理的批判。

@Charles Peng在中英语言对,我一般只做我的专业或与我专业相近的,这主要是基于对术语及专业背景的考量,这样我
... See more
我的观点,仅供参考。

我现在做中英技术翻译,不过活不是很多,主要是我的价格较高的缘故。在我六年的全职专业英译汉或汉译英实践中,我发现,只有两个LSP(主要是他们的终端客户懂专业,懂中文和英文)给我的翻译做出了合理的批判。

@Charles Peng在中英语言对,我一般只做我的专业或与我专业相近的,这主要是基于对术语及专业背景的考量,这样我就可以“Convey”原文而不是“translate”原文。与我专业相距较远的,虽也可以勉强做,但花的时间多,不划算。

@Yan Yuliang“网络上能搜到英文原文的稿件,拿来做测试稿,由此可见这家公司太不专业。”,我想不专业只是一点,更重要的是他们不愿意花钱。你想啊,如果是真实的专业文献,PM自己一般是没有能力做review的,如果找到一个专业人士做review,肯定是要花钱的!所以找一篇有英文原文的,翻译/机翻为中文,再以英文原文为模板进行审核,那就省事了。所以在评判@Charles Peng的翻译质量时,PM就只能套用原文模板了,翻译质量的好坏他/她是无法判断的。

另外,说个事情,最近AI比较火,有个LSP就用AI将一篇中文安装使用说明书翻译了(中国供应商出口到美国的设备),结果是,那个LSP自己都觉得没法用,想让我review/proofreading,真是开玩笑!我直接拒绝。你想啊,美国人是要按照说明书安装的,如果英文没有准确传中文的意思,美国人怎么安装设备呢。那个LSP找了一圈,又回来找我,我给出的是0.20 USD/char价格。实际上这种专业性很强,AI又做不了的,价格并不高。
Collapse

tclee271gmai

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

兼职翻译测试

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »