Thread poster: Hilde Nicolaisen
Hilde Nicolaisen
Hilde Nicolaisen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 19:36
English to Norwegian
+ ...
May 11, 2022

The autopropagate function is activated, but still I find that repetitions are not propagated. Build: 9.0.807. What can I do?

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Did you ... May 11, 2022

... check under "projects" >> "settings", whether your TM or TMs are ticked off on "read" too?

Hilde Nicolaisen

Hilde Nicolaisen
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Confirmed May 11, 2022

Yes, they are.

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
And ... May 11, 2022

... your TMs are not empty? Please check the symbols again from left to right for the options in the lower part of the DVX screen (hover with the mouse symbol over the icons):

- AutoWrite: on
- AutoTranslate: off
- AutoSearch: on
- AutoPropagate: on
- AutoSend: on
- AutoCheck: off
(these are my settings)

Hilde Nicolaisen
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, May 12, 2022

... all those are enabled, too, and the TMs are not empty. I really don't understand why this is happening, I literally have to search for the segments manually and force propagate whenever I get to a segment that I know I've translated already.

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
All TMs... May 12, 2022

... are on your local device (= none is on a network drive) or do you use multiple drives on your PC (SSD and HD combined)? What about earlier projects? Would they work? If so, what's the difference between them and your current setting?
When nothing helps, I would start the installation process of DVX3 again. So far, my build hasn't caused any problems. Did you have any Window issues before?

Hilde Nicolaisen
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sometimes May 12, 2022

... I work on satelite projects where the TM is on the client's server, and sometimes I work on projects where the TMs are on my Dropbox. I get this problem either way. I'm on only one drive (HD).
I recently upgraded to Win10, but I think the problem was there before that.

Hilde Nicolaisen
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have contaced Atril, May 17, 2022

and they said many users have experienced problems when TMs are saved on Dropbox and similar systems (as opposed to locally). I asked them if I should move my TMs to a local folder, and I'm still waiting for their reply.

Matthias Brombach

Matthias Brombach
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Great to hear... May 17, 2022

...that they react (whoever "they" may be today). Meanwhile, I would test whether there are no problems when processing all files, TMs and TBs from one location only (= your PC / notebook). Good luck, Hilde!

QUOI
QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
TM on cloud storage May 17, 2022

I am not sure if we have the same issue. I use Dropbox and have also noticed auto propagation doesn't take effect immediately from time to time. I suspect it has something to do with syncing latency. On occasions when I notice the problem, particularly with a multiple file project, I usually close the project and then reopen it. This seems to solve the problem for me.
This problem is more prominent if you use OneDrive.

Hilde Nicolaisen
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Dropbox wasn't the issue Aug 17, 2022

Hey everyone, it turned out the problem wasn't Dropbox at all, but some issue on my client's side. Thank you for taking the time to answer me and have a great day!

Matthias Brombach

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Dropbox is local Aug 17, 2022

Hilde Nicolaisen wrote:

... I work on satelite projects where the TM is on the client's server, and sometimes I work on projects where the TMs are on my Dropbox.

Apart from the synchronisation, you can consider Dropbox folder as local folders.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DVX3 will not autopropagate

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »