Problem receiving .tif files
מפרסם התגובה: JackieMcC
JackieMcC
JackieMcC
Local time: 09:27
מצרפתית לאנגלית
Nov 30, 2004

Hello,
When clients send me .tif files (faxes they have received and are forwarding) I can't open them or save them. They appear in the list of attachments, but in a very light grey shade. I have Outlook Express 6 and WIndows Millenium (Word 2000). I don't want to extract the text, convert the file or anything complicated - just open to file so I can print it.
Many thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.
Jackie

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
אורוגוואי
Local time: 04:27
מאנגלית לספרדית
If I understood you correctly... Nov 30, 2004

you can't access the attachments probably due to a security issue. You should change your security settings in Outlook Express or in your antivirus software.

A quick way to access these files without changing any settings is to click on the "forward" button; a new mail will pop up with the attached file only this time you can open/save it.

Hope it helps!

JackieMcC
JackieMcC
Local time: 09:27
מצרפתית לאנגלית
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved ! Nov 30, 2004

The "forward" button did the trick !
Thanks very much Rosanna,
Jackie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

מנהלי פורום זה
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem receiving .tif files

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »