ASTTI: Swiss Financial Translation Summer University July 2009
Autor vlákna: RobinB
RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
Spojené státy americké
Local time: 23:17
němčina -> angličtina
Jul 1, 2009

Places are still available for the four language (English, French, German, Italian)

Financial Translation Summer University
Université d’été «Traduction financière»
Sommeruniversität «Finanzübersetzung»
Università estiva sulle Traduzioni Finanziarie

organised by ASTTI, the Swiss Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Association, in Spiez, Switzerland, from July 15th to 17th.

For a detailed program and information on how
... See more
Places are still available for the four language (English, French, German, Italian)

Financial Translation Summer University
Université d’été «Traduction financière»
Sommeruniversität «Finanzübersetzung»
Università estiva sulle Traduzioni Finanziarie

organised by ASTTI, the Swiss Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Association, in Spiez, Switzerland, from July 15th to 17th.

For a detailed program and information on how to register, visit: http://www.astti.ch/

choose your language (French, German, or Italian) and click News.
Collapse

Kevin Lossner
Kevin Lossner  Identity Verified
Portugalsko
Local time: 05:17
němčina -> angličtina
+ ...
Thanks! Jul 1, 2009

Thank you for the info Robin - I'll repost it. I'm still planning a write-up on your excellent seminar in London, but I haven't had a breather since I got back.

Michele Johnson
Michele Johnson  Identity Verified
Německo
Local time: 06:17
němčina -> angličtina
+ ...
Looks good Jul 1, 2009

Thanks for the info Robin, I'm definitely considering this! I can hardly think of a more beautiful summer venue. However I hope the organization has improved somewhat. When I tried to sign up for this 2 years ago, without warning they booked me into a hotel in Thun (if not even farther away), I believe because there were no more rooms available on-site, and presumably I would have had to deal with transportation issues myself. I just felt sort of marginalized. And logistics aside, I imagine a co... See more
Thanks for the info Robin, I'm definitely considering this! I can hardly think of a more beautiful summer venue. However I hope the organization has improved somewhat. When I tried to sign up for this 2 years ago, without warning they booked me into a hotel in Thun (if not even farther away), I believe because there were no more rooms available on-site, and presumably I would have had to deal with transportation issues myself. I just felt sort of marginalized. And logistics aside, I imagine a conference like this lives from the informal interactions in the off-hours, so I ended up declining. It was very unfortunate, but in retrospect, I'm not sure the ABZ is the right place for a vegetarianCollapse

RobinB
Spojené státy americké
němčina -> angličtina
AUTOR TÉMATU
Definitely worthwhile Jul 1, 2009

Hi Michele,

When I tried to sign up for this 2 years ago, without warning they booked me into a hotel in Thun (if not even farther away)

I don't think this will be a problem this year. If there are no rooms left at the centre itself, I'm sure there will be plenty within easy walking distance. My suggestion is that you contact ASTTI and ask them.

I imagine a conference like this lives from the informal interactions in the off-hours

Indeed, the professional networking last time was excellent.

It was very unfortunate, but in retrospect, I'm not sure the ABZ is the right place for a vegetarian

That wasn't a problem either, as it happens, and the vegetarian food options last time round were perfectly OK. But I guess there are some understandable principles involved, too.

I really would urge you to sign up if you can.

Robin

RobinB
Spojené státy americké
němčina -> angličtina
AUTOR TÉMATU
Feet and ground Jul 1, 2009

Kevin Lossner wrote:

Thank you for the info Robin - I'll repost it. I'm still planning a write-up on your excellent seminar in London, but I haven't had a breather since I got back.

Hi Kevin,

My feet haven't touched the ground since I got back, either, and as things stand at present, I probably won't get round to launching the new information group till late July or August, something like that.

It was a real pleasure to meet you in the flesh, at long last! And I'm glad you found good coffee - that can be a problem in London, I know: outstanding food, just about everywhere, but crap coffee (except at restaurants like Moro and the other one we all ate at in Exmouth Market).

Robin

Terry Gilman
Terry Gilman  Identity Verified
Německo
Local time: 06:17
Člen (2003)
němčina -> angličtina
+ ...
Thank you, Robin Jul 1, 2009

Due to other commitments, I've missed a lot of opportunities this past year (e.g., London), but this might just work before vacation. Very much appreciate your posting it. Terry

RobinB
Spojené státy americké
němčina -> angličtina
AUTOR TÉMATU
Look forward to seeing you again! Jul 2, 2009

Terry Gilman wrote:

Due to other commitments, I've missed a lot of opportunities this past year (e.g., London), but this might just work before vacation. Very much appreciate your posting it. Terry

Hi Terry,

I hope you can come - quite apart from anything else, it's quite a while since we've seen each other, I think.

Robin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderátor/moderátoři tohoto fóra
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ASTTI: Swiss Financial Translation Summer University July 2009

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »