Off topic: Patent Parody
מפרסם התגובה: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:16
מאיטלקית לגרמנית
Apr 24, 2002

For all those who, like myself, have to translate patents, those most boring and most nauseating of all texts, I looked for a patent parody - nothing in all the web! So I wrote one myself. I apologize for the four-letter words: my poor phantasy wrought forth nothing better. http://schmurr.tripod.com/martin/id11.html

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
מאיטלקית לגרמנית
TOPIC STARTER
the link has changed Sep 9, 2009

it's now http://h1.ripway.com/schmurr/priv/patentparody.doc

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
מאיטלקית לאנגלית
+ ...
Nice one! Sep 9, 2009

Good fun, thanks

Marie-Hélène (who would never, ever cross-section her own furred four-legged long-tailed low-noise low-bulk low-shit low-piss high-**** animals)

Paul Daubreu (X)
Paul Daubreu (X)
מצרפתית לגרמנית
+ ...
Real claim possible ;) Sep 9, 2009

(...) four, support columns (56-59), each with five hooks (60-79) at the basis; (...)

With this part of your patent parody, you have at least the basis for a "real" patent claim....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

מנהלי פורום זה
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Patent Parody

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »