fuzzy does not work
Thread poster: janauke
janauke
janauke
France
Sep 2, 2016

Hello,

I am new to programs like OmegaT. In the project that I am working on, the fuzzy matches don't work. All that is displays is 'SCORE'. I can see 3 TMX files in the main project folder, but they don't seem to be called upon. Can anyone help? Thanks

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:51
Russian to English
+ ...
Give more information Sep 2, 2016

The three TMX files in the project folder are those you are currently creating. If you want to see other matches, you need to put other TMXs in the /tm/ folder.

See the User's Manual on how to work with TMs. As you are new to CATs, I suggest you work through the tutorial for beginners. These are all available at http://www.omegat.org/en/documentation.php.

If you still
... See more
The three TMX files in the project folder are those you are currently creating. If you want to see other matches, you need to put other TMXs in the /tm/ folder.

See the User's Manual on how to work with TMs. As you are new to CATs, I suggest you work through the tutorial for beginners. These are all available at http://www.omegat.org/en/documentation.php.

If you still need help, give us more information: which version of OmegaT, how you have set your language settings (language codes, like DE-DE, EN-GB).
Collapse

janauke
janauke
France
TOPIC STARTER
Still nothing Sep 2, 2016

Thank you Susan for your fast reply. I'm using version 3.6.0, update 2 from French to Dutch.

I put the TMX files of the same project in the /tm folder, but the only tekst I see in the 'fuzzy' window is 'SCORE' which refers to the template being used in the menu item 'external TMX' under 'options'.

Some setting I must be overlooking?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:51
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Janauke Sep 2, 2016

janauke wrote:
In the project that I am working on, the fuzzy matches don't work. All that is displays is 'SCORE'.

I've never had that happen to me before. Which version of OmegaT do you use?

What is the title of the pane where you see the word "SCORE"? Is the title "Fuzzy Matches" or "Editor"?

I can see 3 TMX files in the main project folder, but they don't seem to be called upon.

If they end on "level1.tmx", "level2.tmx" and "omegat.tmx", then those are the export TMs that are generated when you press Ctrl+D (i.e. when you generate your translated files). If you have an existing TMX file that you want OmegaT to consult, you should place it in the /tm/ subfolder.

Are you sure that you should be getting fuzzy matches? Can you tell us what is the sentence that you're expecting a match for, and what sentence you're expecting the match to be from?

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but: you do realise that you'll only get fuzzy matches after you've translated similar sentences before, right?

[Edited at 2016-09-02 17:31 GMT]

janauke
janauke
France
TOPIC STARTER
Mystery solved! Sep 3, 2016

Thanks for helping me out here. In fact, it was simple: the programme wanted to use the template 'SCORE' for external TMX's. All I did was delete the word 'SCORE' in the template textbox and everything worked fine!

See you next time!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

fuzzy does not work

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »