Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: When did you register at ProZ.com?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:28
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Curious Jun 9, 2016

It's curious that ProZ only considers you a member when you start paying. I registered in 2007, but I only started paying in 2014, and that's the date that appears in my profile under "member as of...".

Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 11:28
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
2006 Jun 9, 2016

January '06.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 19:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
Back in the day? Jun 9, 2016

Never mind that... right now I was just looking for the best option for the translation of a word in a specific current context and one of the 3 results was actually an earlier kudoz query about the same thing I answered in 2012... and I'm still hesitating about which of the several possible options to use... I may even post it again...

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
2006 Jun 10, 2016

paying member since 2006 but used earlier - let's celebrate

Vesna Maširević
Vesna Maširević  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2011)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Statistics Jun 10, 2016

Actually, it would be interesting to know the exact numbers, which are surely stored somewhere on the site.

Results of this particular poll are also interesting, statistically wise, as they show that those who registered 10 years ago are still around and willing to participate (and criticize).
The fact that 2006 is missing also tells us something...

Mario Chavez wrote:

Maybe I registered in 2004. No, it was 2007. Or 1999? I don't know. I don't recall. Who the heck cares? How is this question relevant to my life, professional or otherwise?

Back to reading some heavy treatise on evolution since I'm risking lowering my IQ with these polls.

"Registered at ProZ.com: Month Year. Became a member: Month Year" is on everyone's profile page, under Experience. I am sure that discovering that would not hurt anyone's IQ.

[Edited at 2016-06-10 06:36 GMT]

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
You can remove the date under your pic/tagline Jun 10, 2016

Mario Freitas wrote:
It's curious that ProZ only considers you a member when you start paying. I registered in 2007, but I only started paying in 2014, and that's the date that appears in my profile under "member as of...".

Can't remember where in your settings, but you can.

People with IDs below 100,000 are fossils, those with IDs below 1,000,000 are slightly younger and people with IDs over 2,000,000 are cubs.

Philippe

Vesna Maširević
Vesna Maširević  Identity Verified
Serbia
Member (2011)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Hide the member since date Jun 10, 2016

The option is in the top left corner of profile page, right under the picture; if you scroll over the arrows underneath "Member since...", you will see "Toggle visibility of your member since date to visitors". But, I suppose it will still be shown within the Experience line etc.

Here
... See more
The option is in the top left corner of profile page, right under the picture; if you scroll over the arrows underneath "Member since...", you will see "Toggle visibility of your member since date to visitors". But, I suppose it will still be shown within the Experience line etc.

Here's an old discussion on the matter: http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_membership/43286-disappointed_with_member_since_date.html

[Edited at 2016-06-10 12:55 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When did you register at ProZ.com?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »