Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you made any eco-changes at your workplace or regarding your work?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Annalisa Panero
Annalisa Panero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:43
Member (2017)
German to Italian
+ ...
Yes Dec 18, 2018

Less use of paper and more natural light by changing the position of my laptop!

Aleksandra Marcinkowska
Aleksandra Marcinkowska
Poland
Local time: 18:43
English to Polish
+ ...
I try to be "green" Dec 18, 2018

There is always something you can do, no matter how small.
I work from home so like some colleagues already mentioned, home and office space is a bit merged (though I do have my own corner).
- I have a really strong desk lamp which provides adequate light with recommended intensity - this means I do not have to turn on the main light in the room
- I turn off the monitors when I'm not at my desk or the computer if
... See more
There is always something you can do, no matter how small.
I work from home so like some colleagues already mentioned, home and office space is a bit merged (though I do have my own corner).
- I have a really strong desk lamp which provides adequate light with recommended intensity - this means I do not have to turn on the main light in the room
- I turn off the monitors when I'm not at my desk or the computer if I know the break is going to be longer
- I turn off the power switch after I'm done (only my computer + monitors are connected to it) so that it doesn't consume energy to power the blue neon light of the switch
- I take notes while working on some old notebooks or recycled paper - you would be amazed how many empty notebooks one can find in the drawers (where do they come from?)
- since I drink at least a few cups of tea, I don't wash the mug tea is tea, right?
- I also don't turn on the heating in winter - my neighbors are doing that, and I have a huge comfy poncho to keep me warm (it's different in the summer, though, because on super hot days I cannot live without an electric fan - any tips on that?)
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you made any eco-changes at your workplace or regarding your work?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »