Notifications for 2023 notes on quotes not received (Staff: notifications delivered normally now)
מפרסם התגובה: expressisverbis
expressisverbis
expressisverbis
פורטוגל
Local time: 21:00
חבר (2015)
מאנגלית לפורטוגזית
+ ...
Jul 24

I don't know if this is a bug or something else, but the truth is that if this happens more often, Proz users like me will simply stop paying for a service they don't have.
I've been looking at my quotes to jobs published here, and at least two agencies last year have responded with a note published in my quote.
I never received them and I can say that I missed out on two good job opportunities! Yesterday, I replied to these agencies with an apology for "ignoring" their messages.
... See more
I don't know if this is a bug or something else, but the truth is that if this happens more often, Proz users like me will simply stop paying for a service they don't have.
I've been looking at my quotes to jobs published here, and at least two agencies last year have responded with a note published in my quote.
I never received them and I can say that I missed out on two good job opportunities! Yesterday, I replied to these agencies with an apology for "ignoring" their messages.
If it goes on like this, ¡Adiós, Proz!... I've always believed in the Proz staff and that things would change. That's what's kept me here so far.
Now, from what I see of these potencial bugs among other things that aren't even worth mentioning, this only drives me further and further away from this website.
I am totally disappointed with the way this site has treated translators and users/members, both paying and non-paying.
Even though some issues have been solved, it seems that every now and then they keep cropping up and really affecting our professional lives.
Collapse

Naiara Solano
Naiara Solano
Local time: 17:00
צוות האתר
Please contact site staff to give additional information Jul 24

Hello Sandra,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you please submit a support request with more information about the job quotes you are referring to? This will allow site staff to check the dates of the notes provided and make proper investigation.

Kind regards,

Naiara Solano
ProZ.com Staff

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
פורטוגל
חבר (2015)
מאנגלית לפורטוגזית
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done! Jul 24

Naiara Solano wrote:

Hello Sandra,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you please submit a support request with more information about the job quotes you are referring to? This will allow site staff to check the dates of the notes provided and make proper investigation.

Kind regards,

Naiara Solano
ProZ.com Staff

Hello Naiara,
I have submitted it.
Thanks,
Sandra

Naiara Solano
Naiara Solano
Local time: 17:00
צוות האתר
Notifications for notes made on job quotes are being delivered Jul 24

Thanks for submitting the support request. We are looking into the details you provide there.

In the meantime, we run some checks and we can confirm that email notifications for notes made on job quotes are being delivered:

I will create a test job for us so that we can test together and make sure
... See more
Thanks for submitting the support request. We are looking into the details you provide there.

In the meantime, we run some checks and we can confirm that email notifications for notes made on job quotes are being delivered:

I will create a test job for us so that we can test together and make sure you get those too. I'll share the link in your support request.

Thanks again!

Naiara Solano
ProZ.com Staff
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
פורטוגל
חבר (2015)
מאנגלית לפורטוגזית
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Naiara Jul 24

Naiara Solano wrote:

It's good to know that this is now being delivered to the members.
But last year, I didn't receive at least those two notes.
Thanks for the help.

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
פורטוגל
חבר (2015)
מאנגלית לפורטוגזית
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
'Last year' (2023) was mentioned in the body of my first post Jul 24

Even if that didn't happen this year, I was still seen as a rude person for not replying to potential clients and almost certainly missed out on a good opportunity.
For our own reputation this is great!
The bottom line: I was the only one who 'suffered the consequences' and Proz was able to make this correction to this title as if it were worth a lot. (Please note I mentioned the year when I posted this).
I'm sorry, but these things shouldn't happen. I realise that there are bu
... See more
Even if that didn't happen this year, I was still seen as a rude person for not replying to potential clients and almost certainly missed out on a good opportunity.
For our own reputation this is great!
The bottom line: I was the only one who 'suffered the consequences' and Proz was able to make this correction to this title as if it were worth a lot. (Please note I mentioned the year when I posted this).
I'm sorry, but these things shouldn't happen. I realise that there are bugs and other problems, but you know very well that these bugs and problems have been around for a long time and your solutions came late (2024?).
Anyway, thank you very much!

[Edited at 2024-07-24 13:34 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Notifications for 2023 notes on quotes not received (Staff: notifications delivered normally now)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »