Carlos Alvarez
Carlos Alvarez  Identity Verified
Regatul Unit
Local time: 08:15
Membru (2005)
din franceză în engleză
+ ...
Feb 11, 2009

DNS 9 keeps crashing, I get a "Runtime error".
There was a post by someone else reporting the problem in 2007 (title of post: "Dragon shuts down when I try to turn on the microphone"), but no satisfactory solution. However, since DNS 10 has been around for a while now, I was wondering if there was anyone out there who used to have the problem with DNS 9, then resolved it with DNS 10, without loosing any of the "training history" files.

Fabio Scaliti
Fabio Scaliti  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 09:15
Membru (2004)
din germană în italiană
+ ...
Runtime error Feb 11, 2009

Sp and Fr to En wrote:

DNS 9 keeps crashing, I get a "Runtime error".
There was a post by someone else reporting the problem in 2007 (title of post: "Dragon shuts down when I try to turn on the microphone"), but no satisfactory solution. However, since DNS 10 has been around for a while now, I was wondering if there was anyone out there who used to have the problem with DNS 9, then resolved it with DNS 10, without loosing any of the "training history" files.

Hi,

I used to have a similar problem with DNS10, until I found out that Spyware Doctor was interfering with the speech files and caused the program to crash.

Since I disabled the real-time file check (which I do not necessarily need, since I run AVAST as antivirus as well), the problem has not occured any more.

I may have a look on your system and check if a program like a firewall, virusscan, etc. also interferes with the speech files of your installation.

By the way, if you decide to upgrade from DNS9 to DNS10, you do not lose any user speech files, because the upgrade process includes an option to convert them too. Alternatively, you can export your current speech files and reimport them after installing DNS10.

Good luck,

Fabio

Claire Cox
Claire Cox
Regatul Unit
Local time: 08:15
din franceză în engleză
+ ...
Restore user Feb 11, 2009

I had a similar problem where it kept telling me the dictionaries were full and kept crashing as a result. After 'phoning the helpline (who were very helpful!) I eventually resolved the problem by going into Manage users / Advanced / Restore user and restoring my previous user file. That seemed to do the trick and it's been working fine ever since (well over a year). This may not be the same problem, but it's probably worth a try....

Good luck!

Claire

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DNS 9 Runtime error

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »