Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 06:51
English to German
+ ...
Mar 18, 2004

Hi! all,

One customer is asking for expertise in i-leaf or interleaf. Is it a standalone application or a webbased service. Google gave me lots of information, none much of worth. If one of you have experience with this tool / architecture, I shall be most thankful

Regards,
brandis

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
This is a stand-alone documentation program Mar 18, 2004

Interleaf/Quicksilver, very expensive and not easy to work with.
I have one customer providing documentations with it, but I do not work with Interleaf itself, but only with exports, generated via Transit.
You can work also with Trados, you need the files saved in iasci format.
For
... See more
Interleaf/Quicksilver, very expensive and not easy to work with.
I have one customer providing documentations with it, but I do not work with Interleaf itself, but only with exports, generated via Transit.
You can work also with Trados, you need the files saved in iasci format.
For more information, look http://www.broadvision.com/OneToOne/SessionMgr/products/products_main.jsp?BV_SessionID=NNNN0317228946.1079595029NNNN&BV_EngineID=cccdadcjdhdfeilcefecefedghhdfjk.0&channelRuleset=Products%20Channels&channelName=QuickSilver&programName=QuickSilver&programRuleset=NA&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes&product=QuickSilver

Kind regards
Jerzy
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
Not working link Mar 18, 2004

Dear Jerzy,

Thank you for this useful insight. However, the link seems to be restricted. We only get a "session expired" message, and no way to login not beeing a client of broadvsion... Any workaround?

[Edited at 2004-03-18 10:22]

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
I used it once Mar 18, 2004

At client premises. Not an easy thing...

Nigel Skipper (X)
Nigel Skipper (X)
Swedish to English
Has-been program Mar 18, 2004

Interleaf was a brilliant wysiswyg program from the early eighties - it had it's own graphic desktop - rather like the original Ventura. It was great for producing manuals and large books, could handle chapters, reuse chapters between books, etc. However, it was full of quirks - it had to be - there wasn't an O/S that could handle it!

Then they tried to make it "internetable" - and no body wanted it any more (except the large companies and corporations who had invested heavily in In
... See more
Interleaf was a brilliant wysiswyg program from the early eighties - it had it's own graphic desktop - rather like the original Ventura. It was great for producing manuals and large books, could handle chapters, reuse chapters between books, etc. However, it was full of quirks - it had to be - there wasn't an O/S that could handle it!

Then they tried to make it "internetable" - and no body wanted it any more (except the large companies and corporations who had invested heavily in Interleaf workflow).

Today Framemaker (with or without +SGML) is a far superior product and has a developer who knows a bit about the market (Adobe) . .

//NiSk
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Mar 18, 2004

Nigel Skipper wrote:

Then they tried to make it "internetable" - and no body wanted it any more (except the large companies and corporations who had invested heavily in Interleaf workflow).

Today Framemaker (with or without +SGML) is a far superior product and has a developer who knows a bit about the market (Adobe) . .

//NiSk
Now I know, why I should not take this request from my client. I would rather stick to PageMaker or FrameMaker etc.,
thank you all
brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is i-leaf or inter-leaf

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »