+ ...
In memoriam
Sep 7, 2011

Hi,

I found this morning a mail announcing the program of the Mediterranean
Editors & Translators Meeting 2011 (METM11), which will be held in
Barcelona, Spain, on October 20-22.

The main topic will be :
"Quality in English translation and editing — from research to practice and back"

I
... See more
Hi,

I found this morning a mail announcing the program of the Mediterranean
Editors & Translators Meeting 2011 (METM11), which will be held in
Barcelona, Spain, on October 20-22.

The main topic will be :
"Quality in English translation and editing — from research to practice and back"

If interested, see :
http://www.metmeetings.org/index.php?page=metm11_program

Have a nice day
Catherine
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:23
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
MET? Sep 7, 2011

Hello and many thanks, Catherine.

I'd never heard of them but I'm seriously considering going. Are you a member and are you thinking of going?

Sheila

Catherine GUILLIAUMET
Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:23
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
No, unfortunately Sep 10, 2011

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Hello and many thanks, Catherine.

I'd never heard of them but I'm seriously considering going. Are you a member and are you thinking of going?

Sheila

Hi Sheila,

Sorry for replying late.

No, I cannot go to this meeting.

Although I am not (yet) a member, I've been receiving their announcements for years and I usually shared the links with my colleagues at the EMRO (Eastern Mediterranean Regional Office) of WHO, which were based in Cairo, but they left Egypt some months ago.

Every year, I plan to become a member, but when I have time to think of and do it, it's always at the end of summer, and then, as for the ATA, when I go to their site I see that the subscription fees are for a full calendar year, so I systematically postpone the subscription until next January, when I systematically have no time to do it or forget it.

It's a kind of perpetual vicious circle

Have a nice weekend
Catherine

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:23
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
SFT likewise Sep 10, 2011

I still haven't become a member of SFT, for the same reason. In fact, they even suggested themselves in a note a couple of weeks ago that perhaps it would be best to wait until January! I know I'll forget then. I really don't know how difficult it could be for a (presumably computerised) membership system to cope with a renewal date any time during the year.

I'm not sure yet whether I'll go, but thanks again for the heads-up.

Sheila

AnneM (X)
AnneM (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
METM11 meeting Jan 27, 2012

Hi Sheila and Catherine,

I have been a member of MET since it was founded in 2005 and have attended all their meetings and most of the workshops in their CPD programme. All I can say is it is most definitely worthwhile. The events are very reasonably priced and the quality excellent. The 2012 meeting will be held in Venice. The website is www.metmeetings.org.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Oct 20-22: Mediterranean Editors & Translators Meeting 2011

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »