Thread poster: Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Juan Carlos Sánchez López
Local time: 13:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 5, 2013

Dear all,

This issue must have been already mentioned for sure, but it's not always easy to find posts by key words. I'm sorry if it's the case.

When working docx documents, don't you lose the original format when you export it, either bilingual or target? In my case, the sentences are just shown one below the other, losing all the initial format.

It might be necessary to add some setting when importing it, but I haven't figured out what, and at the end I j
... See more
Dear all,

This issue must have been already mentioned for sure, but it's not always easy to find posts by key words. I'm sorry if it's the case.

When working docx documents, don't you lose the original format when you export it, either bilingual or target? In my case, the sentences are just shown one below the other, losing all the initial format.

It might be necessary to add some setting when importing it, but I haven't figured out what, and at the end I just convert the file into .doc and it woks.

Thank you for your help

JC
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:41
English to Polish
+ ...
Nope Sep 5, 2013

To the best of my knowledge, formatting is not lost when you import to or export target from Memoq.

Formatting will be lost only when you choose simplified bilingal export in the old Trados Workbench format.

Regards,

Piotr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

docx files and format

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »