Presentation problem between MemoQ and Docx (with small capitals)
De persoon die dit onderwerp heeft geplaatst: Madeleine Chevassus
Madeleine Chevassus
Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
Frankrijk
Local time: 19:40
Lid 2010
Engels naar Frans
SITE LOCALIZER
Sep 5, 2013

Hello

MemoQ 6.2

I have a string in MemoQ , "Conférence" - in a title; it is generated in the docx as large Capital and small capitals without accent.

This is not correct in French, I want to generate the "é" into a small capital with accent.

second trial: I change the input string into "ConfÉrence" in MemoQ; it is generated "ConfÉrence" with all small letters turned into small capitals but É is still in large capital instead of small cap
... See more
Hello

MemoQ 6.2

I have a string in MemoQ , "Conférence" - in a title; it is generated in the docx as large Capital and small capitals without accent.

This is not correct in French, I want to generate the "é" into a small capital with accent.

second trial: I change the input string into "ConfÉrence" in MemoQ; it is generated "ConfÉrence" with all small letters turned into small capitals but É is still in large capital instead of small capital.

Could anyone be kind enough to enable me to generate "é" as a small capital with accent in the docx?

Thank you

Madeleine
Collapse

Charlotte Farrell
Charlotte Farrell  Identity Verified
Verenigd Koninkrijk
Local time: 18:40
Lid 2013
Duits naar Engels
+ ...
Can you not copy/paste it in? Sep 6, 2013

Could you not get this character from somewhere (online for example) and paste it in?

Madeleine Chevassus
Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
Frankrijk
Local time: 19:40
Lid 2010
Engels naar Frans
ONDERWERPSTARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
I did Sep 6, 2013

thank you, I could paste-in a small accented capital, but it doesn't have the good size and I can't change the size correctly!

have a good day!

Madeleine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Presentation problem between MemoQ and Docx (with small capitals)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »